Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My wife became burned out on primer and convinced me to go shiny this year.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, May 26, 2016.

1. 2014-12-27 13.38.54.jpg Shes been needling me for 4 years to loose the primer.
    I loved it. Called it my no maintenance look.
    I caved in finally. It's going on 6 months for bodywork and paint to make for a new look.
    It's her car, titled in her name, she has spec'd out every piece to it. She has had this thing built in her mind for years.
    I'm not fully on-board with the color but this is her build.
    It will NOT 2016-01-14 08.34.12.jpg look like any other 32 in our area when done. She'll have an original ONE of ONE.

Who else is wrenching a car for your main lady?

Sting Ray likes this.
  2. She has it moving in a good direction after months of indecision ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1464309008.842999.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1464309028.069121.jpg .

low budget and tb33anda3rd like this.
  3. looks good... she has good taste..

2many projects likes this.
  4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Lookin good! would also look good with white and/or bronze interior with the bronze (plaid?)inserts to match cowl and wheels.
    Any final finishing plans yet?

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Bronze is such a nice change from black or red Roadsters. Bob

6. You hit the big ol, nail on the head with that thought. Have you been feeding her your ideas L.B. all this time?
    At the moment (It could change, a woman you know) your idea is exactly what she's been tellin me for two month how she want the inside completed. White with copper accents.
    Wow, great ideas from the HAMB tonight that coincide with her plans. I'm loving this build more than ever now.
    I've been cool on this whole plan for ages.....now I'm totally amped up on it. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1464312204.653877.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1464312244.572210.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1464312261.047080.jpg
    Our son moved away over ten years ago so now his bedroom becomes the clean room where parts are sent to cure and stay out of harms way. The hard parts and all the chrome are stacked in a corner(s) of the garage
    Where I'm going to assemble her car I'm not quite sure yet. Temporarily short on space, aren't we all?

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    low budget likes this.
  7. By the title of the thread I was wondering if we're married to the same woman. lol

"Who else is wrenching a car for your main lady?"

Mine wants the '57 150 done to get her garage parking spot back.

Just Gary and 2many projects like this.