Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features My "Survivor" 30 Ford Tudor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Bull, Jun 15, 2009.

1. You had to have been a mile down the Blvd, we walked that way and looked!:confused:

2. Bull

Bull

About 1.5 blocks down -- probably 200 ft from the shitters in the dirt lot. Oh well . . . another time!

3. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

Man, cool story and beautiful car. I didn't think I'd like the color combo and nerf bars at first, but everything looks great together. You used those 22 years wisely!

4. In other words no where near the Morton building!:D Steffan and I only went down a half a block or so, saw no blue so we turned around.

5. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Congratulations Adam! I hope I get to see that car in person sometime. It looks great!!! You look like a bundle of nerves in that last video while you're waitin' for the fellas to move their cars.:D That first drive is the best feeling in the world.:cool:

6. Bull

Bull

. . . a bundle full of nerves going on 30 hours with no sleep and only 4 or 5 hours of sleep the night prior, hopped up on caffeine and junk food. I think a slight breeze might have bowled me over! You can hear me trying to figure out the clutch in the video. Still don't quite have it mastered, but getting there!

7. ya gotta freeze frame that carb flare for your avatar

8. jfg455

jfg455
    from NH

here ya go. Do with it what you will!

[​IMG]

I like this one too!

[​IMG]

9. Bull

Bull

Titus breathes fire!

10. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Wow what an awesome Hot Rod !!

You nailed it Bull! You really did!

Love the stance, love the flathead rumble. In fact, I love everything about it!!

Please post up some more pics of the car outside.

Time to enjoy it!

HC.

11. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Very Cool Ride nice work and great planning to pull it off. Is the axle 4, 5, or, a 6 inch dropped axle?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  12. Bull

Bull

Thanks! I love the car more and more every time I drive it. Put a few hundred miles on it so far. Here's a few pics my sister (carchickO73) took at Back to the 50's after the ultimate thrash to get it there:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a 4" dropped narrow Superbell axle from Pete & Jakes with their low spring and notched frame rails for clearance.

13. Is it me or do you have more tire clearance on your left rear than your right rear? (or is it just the angle of the photo?)

14. Bull

Bull

In one pic there was 2 passengers and the other there was no one in the car. Makes a huge difference. I am on the hunt for a 40 rear for it with 3.54 gears now. It should give me more clearance as its a couple inches narrower than the 46 rear in it and better gears than the 3.78 for better freeway manners. We'll also be putting a new spring in it as well.

15. cool man. I was just thinking "if it was 1-2" narrower..."

Sounds like you got a good plan in the works!

16. Bull

Bull

Some killer art by Allison!
    [​IMG]

17. S.F.

S.F.

Good lookin hot rod! I dig the nerf bars!

18. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

I really enjoyed reading this thread, very thoughtfully built 50's style hot rod. Got an instant crush on your Sedan!

-Pasi

19. cWaInc

cWaInc
    from Phoenix

Saw this car finished before I found this thread, great story and awesome car. Made me love it 10x more. Love everything about it... stance, wheels, color combo. Great work. Nice to have buddies around to help like that.

20. Bull

Bull

An update on the 23rd anniversary of my last chemotherapy treatment. :)

The completed car with its new tuck & roll guts made it's "debut" at the GSTA Show last weekend in St. Paul. I was extremely honored to have been accepted to the show, but to have taken First Place in my class is just beyond words.

I am forever indebted to Titus at East Side Speed Shop and Stichbitch of Upholstery by Stichbitch for making a 23+ year dream a reality. Seeing the completed car for the first time with its gorgeous new tuck & roll on Friday evening nearly had me in tears. The car is incredible and I am totally beside myself with emotion about it. Happy doesn't even come close. Those who know me know the significance this car has in my life. This all coming together just shy of the 23rd anniversary of my last chemotherapy treatment on 4/17 is the icing on the cake.

A few pics of the car from the show:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Me with my beautiful bride:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. damn!! i love your sedan!!

22. Bull, your sedan may be my all time favoite.........congrats!

23. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Congrats Bull...the car looks incredible!! I saw it at the 50's last year and thought it was great, but with the finished interior and stripes...WOW !!

24. Tommy R

Tommy R

Fantastic car and even better story behind it. Congrats on both!!

25. skoh73

skoh73

Holy man, that looks absolutely incredible with the upholstery done! Everything is perfect. Very happy to see this end up the way you wanted. Enjoy!

26. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Congrats on a job well done !!!! I can't wait to take a ride in it :)

27. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Congrats!! Your sedan deserves first place! There aren't enough Model A sedans with as much taste and class as yours running around..

28. Bull

Bull

Guess I'll have to get some blankets for the seats then! ;)

29. Wow! Beautifl car man! I can only hope that mine turns out as nice. Great story building up to it too. Congrats!