Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Son returns from Iraq in less then 25 days

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TooMany2count, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Time is ticking fast now, in less then 25 days I'll be at Camp Leguene, NC to welcome not only my son home but the rest of his group of Marines that he was over in Iraq with. Words can not express how I felt when he & his fellow Marines left last April & I know the feelings I will have when I first see him as he gets off that bus will be indescribable. That kid of mine has basicly been on my mind 24/7 since he has left.
    Everyday when I look above my computor & see the Marine flag that was given to us by a friend & then look to the right & see not only a picture of my dad(God Bless his soul) but a picture of Joe when he was about 10yrs old & one of him in his uniform. I sit here & cry wishing that he was home for good.
    What makes things better is being told that Denise & I raised not only a good man but also someone who truly cares about what people think about him. Even his Commanding Officers have had nothing but good words about him This is what his Captain over in Iraq told me in an email "For the record I want to tell you how well your son has performed over here in combat. He is a joy to be around and consistently has a positive attitude and a smile on his face."
    How could a parent not be proud of that. So hopefully there will be lots of pictures to share when I get back & I'll have some stories that I can share that Joe has told me.
    I would like to thank EVERYONE from the bottom of my heart for anything that you may have done for my son or anyone else in the military &&& if you're near Camp Leguene & would like to be there when they get off the bus just let me know & I'll see about getting you on the base w/me....thanks again, joe

---------------------------

I got the ok from Ryan to add this also & the best I can do is say THANKS Ryan, Thanks a lot....

In the past several of you have asked me about how my son was doing & even wanted his & others names & address to send care packages overseas to the soldiers. So I thought I would pass this message along to you & see if anyone would like to help. Here's a request of a different kind.

Home Coming for the 2nd AAB
    This home coming is for 190 Marines which my son Joe is in & Melissa Sparks is in charge of putting things together. Gunnery Sgt Sparks is her husband & my son's boss & that unit would be the ones recieving anything that was given. I told her I would ask if anyone would like to help out w/gift cards or cash so these guys cannot only have a great home coming but also have food to eat on the crazy day/nite. If any of you can help in anyway PLEASE do so. Plus if you feel like passing this message on to others Please do also..Below is the email I recieved......THANKS, Joe

----------------------------
    Hi Joe,
    Sorry it has taken me awhile to get this email to you. Here is a list that me and some of the wives have put together. Its really nice of you to pass this on.

List of things we could use.
    Lots Red, white & blue balloons and string (About 600 total)
    We would like to have food in the company office for the guys to eat, because they will be so busy.
    If you happen to live in the Jacksonville, NC area gift cards to any grocery stores in the area or any gift card from Subway - KFC -Walmart for things like chips dip, cookies, drinks, donuts, brownies, decorations.

Anything in that nature would be great.
    These Marines really need a hero's homecoming.
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Take Care

Home Coming 2nd AAB
    c/o Melissa Sparks
    134 Daphne drive
    Hubert NC 28539

--------------------------------------

If you would like to help it needs to be done before the end of October.
    Also if you would like to donate cash to help PLEASE send it to Melissa Sparks.

This will be held at Camp Legeune at the Battalion office or their barracks..
    Also be sure to tell them you are from the HAMB Board.

Once again THANK YOU for anything & everything you did do for the Military Personal......

2. Darren M.

Darren M.

I feel so worthless but MUST say thank you. Thanks to you TooMany2count for the sacrifice of you and your family. Thank you to your Son and his sacrifices. Thank you to ALL those serving. I can only hope and pray that I raise a child that is so responsible and purpose driven. (I have 2 under the age of 3.) THANK YOU for allowing me and my family sleep in peace. And, least of all, Thank God for Americans like you and your Son. God Bless them and God Speed on an event less return to the States.

3. floorjacks50

floorjacks50
    from napa

right on.
    my brother has been in iraq since last november. he is scheduled to come home in december.
    i hope your boy comes home ok.
    my heart goes out to all those kids.

4. painkiller

painkiller

5. Ebert

Ebert

Joe,
    EXCELLENT thread...you and your family have so much to be proud of and your son should know that he and his fellow Marines are true heroes to more people than they realize. Please give them all a hug for all of us who have our arms in the middle of their backs and forever appreciate their heroic efforts in allowing us keep our freedoms at home. Ebert

6. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

TooMany,

I have the greatest respect for sons and daughters of people like you that are over there fighting the fight for us. I am sick that we have elected officials that continually downgrade them and insult them and want to end their mission without regard to what their mission truly is; defense of our people and rights and life style. And to think some of these officials want us to elect them....that is truly sickening.

Please, tell your son and his friends that we are proud of him and respect him. We also are proud of his fighting brothers and sisters now and in all the generations past.

Thank you.
    Tom Hand

7. Flatman

Flatman

I have a good friend who just got back from her third tour to the "sandbox" as she calls it, with the Corps.
    Buy him a beer from a Canadian who appreciates his following the call.

Flatman

8. belair

belair

9. peanut

peanut

ditto on what Ebert said! God bless your family! he is a true HERO.

10. skidmarkjunkies

skidmarkjunkies

I am Extremely proud to support this country and the soldiers that are defending us. Victory in Iraq!!! God Bless America!!!

11. sounds great you are gettin your son back , i still have another nephew and niece over in that shithole but this is a pic of my other nephew he got home 2 weeks ago for some more training and has decided to do another tour .. his momma was pissed about the cigar of all friggin things :D
    [​IMG]
    god bless our troops ,past , present and future

12. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

There's nothing I can say here that hasn't already been said so I'll just wish you and your family God's speed.

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I know you will, but give him an extra big hug from all of us who support what he and his combat buddys are doing over there. I don't feel there is a much higher calling than to put your life on the line so that those who have never known freedom can taste it for themselves. Calling him a hero just scratches the surface.

Frank

14. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Thanks to your son and to all other vets for their service to our country.They're the best!

15. decayed40

decayed40

hey joe , we just returned from parris island s.c. from our sons grad. from basic .he is on his way here right now to spend today and he leaves for leguene at two o'clock tomm. afternoon he will be there for 22 days for field tranning then moves on to another location which we are not sure of yet. i want to say thank you for your son ,and thank you for public support of theses guys they need it ,there life now has a meaning that us at home the protected, will never understand. if anyone on here has been to a grad .ceromony you know how awsome it is if you havent it really is somthing to see if you have a friend or anyone you know that is in basic you should go it 's incredible and they love to see faces of home. thanks again joe and god bless you your son and all of the boys!!! in our military,Doug

16. pauliesocial

pauliesocial

I will most definately send what i can this weekend especially since I am about to go to wal mart anyways... Being a former US Marine that was stationed in Bahrain - Saudi Arabia - Iraq / Kuwait border - Israel - and UAE I know how it can get over there.. Not to mention the fact that I still have my cousin and my step brother (both are combat engineers in the Army) stationed over there as we speak and both have done a great service for their country and even are on their 3rd tour over there...

anyways tell your son that from 1 Marine to another as well as an American that I appreciate EVERYTHING that he and his comrades in arms have done for us and the rest of the world
    Lance Corporal Slifkin, Paul S.
    US Marine Corps - 0311 / 8152

17. tbird37821

tbird37821

my son just got home from iraq 3 weeks ago. he did convoy security and i can relate to how you felt and feel now. when he gets off the bus it is the best feeling you can have and feels like a ton of bricks were lifted off your chest. i know how much they give of themselves and how hard it is on the families to defend freedom. best wishes to all of you

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Buy him a beer for me!

19. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Thanks for the update and thank you to him and your family for your service to our country.
    My Marine son came home from Iraq safe and sound also and I know how your feeling. Semper Fi

20. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

My son is not schedule to rotate out of Bagdad until May

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Tell your son I said "Thanks."

22. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On second thought, import me to the US and I'll buy him a beer.........
    You know, from one vet to another.

Hey I gotta get out to the states some how, anyone need a garage monkey?

23. bigken

bigken

Good deal, hope he get's his tail back here, and stays........

24. jerry

jerry

Tell him "thank you!" from me.

jerry

25. damnfingers

damnfingers

TwoMany and all the rest of the HAMBers' with kids in harms way...
    My thoughts are with you and yours...God bless and safe passage....

26. The Law

The Law
    from N. AZ

From one vet to another, send your son a thank you. I dont miss that place for one fucking second.

Many thanks to you and your family! Prayers sent...

Rob

27. hemifarris

hemifarris

Tell him thanks and God bless him .......

28. Offy

Offy

I'd appreciate it if you would tell him thanks and welcome home for me.

29. I have told him in the past what you folks & others have said & he still doesn't get it. He asks why would all these people do & say all this stuff about me(Joe, himself) and every other military person. I try to explain it to him & I think its slowly sinking in but I still think he doesn't get it. But then we're talking about a young man who basicly refuses to wear his uniform when he travels, he doesn't want the attention that he gets from it. I keep telling him that he earn it all & should be proud to wear that Marine uniform & should also be proud that a lot of folks just want to be able to thank some of the military personal in person for t he work that they do.
    Anyway, Joe has told me in the past that him & his buddies want to thank everyone who has done anything for them no matter how small or large it may have been. Thanks again Ryan for letting me ad to this post about their home coming & asking the folks of HAMB for donations. Plus I'd like to thank everyone of you for everything & anything you may have done in the past & future to help out these military men & women.... thanks folks....joe

30. I am happy that your son is returning home soon and will return safely! Give him my "Thanks" for a job well done.

My son is also a Marine and I am very proud of him as we are of yours. He too returned safely 1 year ago from Iraq. Although we feel another tour is imminent, we pray that all our military personel doing their duty will return home to their country and loved ones safely.

Semper Fi,

Joel