Register now to get rid of these ads!

My shop was robbed...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krimsonghost, Apr 21, 2012.

1. krimsonghost

krimsonghost

So, walked into the shop this morning to grab a couple of paint guns... and they weren't there. Thinking my brother grabbed them, I asked him, said he didn't. Then I noticed a few other things missing. All in all, those f**kers snatched the tig welder I just picked up, a few grinders, and a bunch of air tools. Kind of shocked that it happened to me... just a reminder to lock up your stuff!!!!

2. raidmagic

raidmagic

That sucks. Any ideas who did it?

3. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Sorry about the break in. Check all the local pawn shops AND Craigslist!

4. oldcootnco

oldcootnco

I am sorry to here about your loss. This is to close to home, last week my snapon 3/8ths drive air ratchet got leggs and walked away. Thinking I was having a senior moment I went through the trash, the basement , shelves,the wifes car thinking that I just misplaced it. Noooooooooo!! gone, came to find out my neighbor got there house broken into last sunday while they were in church. The neighborhood is going to hell.

5. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

That's why you shouldn't go to church!;)

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Try to remember who has been in your shop over the last 30 days. EVEN friends. I can almost guarantee you the low life scum sucker has talked to you or looked you in the eye in the recent past. I mention friends as the investigation into the the breakin at my shop over 30 years ago found it started with a loose lipped aquaintance "mentioning" how much "cool" stuff I had laying around.

Frank

7. Rushrod

Rushrod

The low life f#*

8. One Finger John

One Finger John

One 3/8ths drive air ratchet??? That's it? Some one broke into your garage for one 3/8ths drive ratchet? There has to be more missing. I think you'll find it in a few weeks.

9. havi

havi

maybe they didn't have enough time? My dad's garage got broken into, the camera on the driver seat of his pickup got stolen, but the rollaway and chest of Snap-On tools was untouched. Deputy figured they were going door to door quickly, as the neighbors were also robbed.

Sux to hear, though.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, a buddy or acquaintance who has a habit of talking about what his fiends have and name dropping in public can be your worst enemy at times like this. I've overheard guys tell way too much about what they or their friends have in the garage in public places.

Also never put the boxes from any equipment or home electronic items like a new flat screen in your own trash.

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

yeah, put them at your neighbors house so they get robbed!:):eek:

12. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

My grandmas car was broken into in her driveway and since she has nothing of value they stole a address book from her front seat. My grandma didn't mention this until we had an attempted break in at our house. Luckily our neighbors pit bull can jump the fence and put a stop to that...

13. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

A friend of mine's shop got broken into a week ago tonight. They were at our house shooting pool and drinkin adult beverages. Some of you might remember in Kansas we had a hell of a storm rolling thru that night. When they got home a little after midnight they knew something was wrong. The bastards took all kinds of tools. They must have been loading up during the storm. I hate thieves......

14. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

A thief is a thief and dont carw how big or small something is . Public hangings is all I gotta say.

15. docmike

docmike

I had the catalytic converter stolen off my Dodge Dakota 4x4 about a month ago. It's a good thing for the f#c&!ng thief that I didn't catch him. I'm a firm believer in the second amendment and I believe in protecting what's mine. At least when he took it, he cut off the exhaust pipes clean so repairing it wasn't too much trouble.

Doc [​IMG]

16. sewman

sewman
    from Toledo,Oh

I had some batteries taken last summer so I bought a couple of solar powered alarms w/sirens & a voice comes on telling them this area is armed.It scared the crap outta me the first time I walked by it the first time.
    Summer is just about here again I'm hoping not to get hit again.They don't seem to want to work in the cold around here.

17. GEISTERFAHRER

GEISTERFAHRER

I hate hearing about this stuff almost makes me not want to come back home!

18. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

If things like this happen in minn and wisconsin, then the world has no hope. :(

19. Mooseman

Mooseman

Theives are the worst, I didn't have anywhere secure at home to work on my stuff and felt really uneasy about my neighbourhood as you could practically see everything from the road and my backyard has alot of other backyards backing onto it with short fences. I ended up renting a small place about the size of a single shed all gated and alarmed not 100% theif proove but better then nothing. I think insurance is a really good thing to have in this situation I know I can't take the loss is someone takes my stuff.

20. Only cure for a thief is a bullet!!

21. Dr_X

Dr_X

Had my garage broken in to, sucks. Keep an eye on craigslist, local fleamarkets and pawn shops. Cops found most of my stuff in just a couple of days.

22. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Sorry about your loss. Been there, had it done to me. Recently had a similar situation thats still going to cost me $. Finally going to move to Az. so I bought a 6 car garage w/a house attached. It's taken a few months to sell my place & a few other things here in Mi. so the place has been empty. A "squatter" moved in w/her dogs & trashed the place. Guy that was supposed to look after the place didnt do much "looking after". Cops locked her up, maybe I'll see some $ but I'm not holding my breath.

23. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

That sucks man! My house was robbed back in Jan. The scum new my schedule. Smashed a back window and opened the door. Computer, surround sound system, all personal info including my birth cert, car titles. It's a shit feeling man! A Pandora account on my LG surround is what helped snag this scumbag. I got an IP address which led to an arrest and recovery of my surround and personal info. He was responsible for about 30 robberies. Other people recovered some of their stolen property also. Was just out of prison last June for robbery. Doing it since he was 20, this piece of shit is now 50. Back to prison, really needs a bullet in he's brain. Keep a look out man, most of the thieves are stupid!

24. Hate to say it, but in this day & age, alarms are almost a necessity in every home. My house was robbed big time in 2002, the garage as well, the side door was kicked in. Not much was taken from the garage, guess the crooks were short on time by then... and they had a score from the house.

My alarm system covers the house 100%, every window and door on the 1st floor, basement too. Upstairs has a few motion detectors, so going in any window trips it. Except for the bathroom... take all the towels and toothpaste you can carry.

The garage is wireless from the house alarm, every door and window is wired up. I have an extra long deadbolt and it goes into a custom socket made from aluminum bar that is lagged into the framing. The window has a grate over it from the inside and is padlocked, the key is inside on a hook and not visible or reachable from the outside.

It still can be broken into, no doubt. They'd have to break down the overhead door though and need a liftgate truck to get anything of size out since all the tool boxes are always locked.

Bob

Bob

25. PJ1

PJ1

I don't live too far from you, sorry to hear what happened. Hope cops take it seriously
    Keep eye on CL and swap meets. Even though my garage is behind the house, I rarely keep door open especially at night..just to keep those wandering eyes from looking..

26. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

New world order (NWO)......
    Trust no one!

About 6 years ago, a kid (About 20) came to my house and asked me if I needed any odd jobs done. He was very polite and clean cut. I asked him to paint my back porch, he said yes and offered to pick up the paint for me. I gave him $25.00 for a gallon of dark blue that was on sale at Home Depot......
    He never came back!

About two years later, I was at a Burger King in the next town over and I spotted "This" kid with his friends. I wasn't sure it was him until I walked by his table and heard him speak. Luckily, he went to the bathroom, so I followed him in. I smashed his head into the wall while he was at the urinal. Then I kicked him a few times and grabbed his wallet. I kept the wallet (About $75.00) and told him "That's what happens when you go for a gallon of paint and don't come back!" His eyes opened wide and didn't say a word.
    Moral of the story... Everyone gets screwed in life, but sometime you get payback. Keep your eyes open ...someone must know something!!!!

27. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Sucks to be burglarized. 9 times out of 10, it's some one you know or it's an acquaintance. Hope you find out who. Years ago, a guy I knew had his tools stolen from his garage. Within a day, he found out who and got his tools back. I had a nitrous unit stolen off of my car which was in the garage. This same thief was spotted in the neighborhood.

28. Really hate to hear that. I hate a thief. Hope you catch that scum!!!!

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I dont know if its been asked

did you see signs of forced entry?
    was the place left un-locked..(how did they get in)

Dont have a shop with windows, if you do , bar them

I like my dogs

As said before..who's been at yer place recently..and who did they bring with them?

check e-bay and craigslist..you might find your stuff, and the dirt bag, keep vigilant on this for months.maybe even longer

I also agree..the only good theif is a dead one.
    my peace sign is the crosshair
    sorry to hear this happened to you..its time to do a security check

30. Thieves would soon be out of work if people stopped buying from them. Those really sweet deals that are hard to pass on often are stolen goods.

If inside your head you hear a little voice saying "its too good to be true" you should probably walk away.