Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration My ride home yesterday...ENJOY!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raprap, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Winter storm warning here. Snow and freezing rain here in east T.N. again this morning then calling for winds here up to 60 m.p.h. Then turns to all rain and then we are under a flood watch Hoping the power stays on tried to go down our mountain drive way with my 4/4 dodge slid all the way down. On the way back up couldnt make it and slid in to a huge ditch. I winched it out and left it winched to the tree until all this crap melts then hobbled up back to the house Ice coming of the cabins roof this morning.Glad the 56 buick wagon is safe in the garage. 001.JPG Bruce.

2. raymay

raymay

Living un Upstate NY you learn to make the best out of winter. Usually during the winter months we get a few nice breaks. No such luck this year. Since Christmas we have had some snow cover. The month of February has been very brutal this year mostly because of the sub-zero temps. IMG_2453.JPG IMG_2457.JPG

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  3. wsdad

wsdad

Down here in Dallas, Texas, we usually get three or four feet of snow at least once a year. Fortunately, us Texans measure it horizontally, not vertically like the rest of you.

4. stimpy

stimpy

Been in it all my life from the lake snowbelt of north central Indiana to were I am at now ( sw of Chicago ) but drove Semi tanker truck in it for 25 years , up north never a problem even in Canada , but get south of I-70 a little snow and Ice , forget about it , I used to carry tire chains on my rig all the time , and one time was pulled over by the Alabama State Pd during the ice storm of 1995 and asked if they worked , I told him I was in Birmingham 2 hours ago , ( on I-65 by the tennessee river ) and only us who had tire chains were moving and stopping the so called plows they were using were sliding into the ditches . they shut the south down for a week it was bad ,
    don't fool yourself into believing if you can get up and go you can stop on straight rubber , you can't, you slide . seen many 4x4's or AWD cars fly by me doing 10 under or the speed limit with the false security to see them in the ditch 5 minutes later because the wind kicked up and blew them across the black ice or lane slop , we say yep 4x4's can get you there faster , the emergency room that is . and the roads you showed are plowed and salted as you see blacktop , when its white and you can not figure out were the edge of the road is . then it hasn't been taken care of ...

5. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I love winter and the cold and snow. Keeps the riff-raff out of the state ;)

wraymen likes this.
  6. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

STIMPY, You very right on with your comments. I guess when you get older, the cold seems to last longer. No whinning, just the facts.

18 degrees below.jpg

7. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Yes sir it sure has been deep in the cold here in Ohio! That hill you talk of raprap was a mess for days! Haven't even tried to heat the shop that would be a lost cause and a waste resources! I'm not goin out in this crap!

raprap likes this.
  8. winter clothes.jpg mid 60's sun out shining all is good......................

seatex likes this.
  9. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

February 2015 in Bavaria wc3 005.jpg February 2014. I thought global warming had arrived when we had a warm, sunny and snowfree winter last year... got all that stuff double and triple this year...I acutally like it here but weather usually sucks from November to April. I hope the salt will be rained off soon so I can get the old cars back out of hibernation ... carwash 008.jpg

10. I don't wanna talk about it. housewinter.jpg

11. I drive all over the 5 state area around MN, and up north in Fargo and Bemidji(where I was today) they haven't had much snow, but go down to Rochester and there is a lot more. But it has been super cold, and windy. Yesterday there were gusts that rattled the whole house, then I see my garbage cans sliding down the street, dumping the contents out. That was fun chasing down.
    So far there hasn't been any bad weather stopping me from going to work- I drove through a blizzard last month getting to Sioux Falls SD, took a 4 hr drive and made it 8 hrs, I only stopped when they closed the road. Here is a youtube vid I made, I'm doing like 10-15mph.

seatex likes this.
  12. jeta12

jeta12

I'm with Rocky^^^

13. trollst

trollst

Never used to like winter ....but I'm retired now, love the winter, heat the shop and go crazy time, summer is for driving. Working all day in the shop everyday gets a car done quickly.

14. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

LOL!!!!!!!

15. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Oldsjoe,
    I drive that stinkin' stretch of I-71 every day. It is bad.

16. Lets not forget the clown created the internet. HRP

17. Been very mild in WA state this year. I had to shovel twice, and for the past monh or so it's been mid 50's. I've been drining my pickup, washing my cars in the driveway and working with the garage door open. In JANUARY! I'll take it!!

18. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

My wife does too I don't care if it's sunny and 80 there seems to be a butt head doing something stupid!

19. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Blah Blah Blah!! He warned us about the "GLOBAL WARMING" crap too! So HRP is it warmer where you live? That guy is a real piece of work I tell ya!

20. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I'm happy for ya! I'll keep my thoughts warm till spring comes around and I can join ya with the shop doors open the radio on and washing the cars in the driveway! Until then I better stoke the fire a little more!

21. Been a formidable winter here for sure! Looks like we may break the cold record from Feb. of 1934.. Wind and chill factor has had us in the minus bracket for a long time. Think we are in the 76 inch snow range so far. Not as bad as the boys in Boston with their 100+ record. Been so dam cold I have not been in the garage since the first of Jan. Here is a pic of the snow out by the garage after raking the roof off three times. That pile will be here for some time. Feel sorry for your folks in the south.....tough to deal with this crap when you are not set up to deal with it.
    101_4232.JPG

22. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Snow foolin! That's a lot of snow!

23. gregga

gregga

To put it in perspective, the Keewenaw has 226" so far this year. The most secure job in the U.P. is snowplow operator. Here's the depth history gauge, notice that they had to add a couple feet at the top.

http://www.pasty.com/snow/index.html

25. raymay I hope you have a big garage for those beauties.Bruce.

26. trollst its nice to have a shop even if its a small one at least I have heat an a.c..Bruce. 003.JPG

27. raymay

raymay

Bruce, glad you like them. They do share space in the barn along with one of my new projects, the daily driver and all that stuff us guys think we never have enough of.
    The snow on the roof was as tall as the chimney so I did clear some off to hopefully prevent any problems. 0218151013.jpg IMG_5198.JPG

28. Thats a model A sin HP ! LoL

29. seatex

seatex

HOLY FREAKIN' SHIT! OH, HELL NO!

30. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

x2 cept the retired part ...