Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My random photos of 2011 KKOA Lead Sled show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jul 31, 2011.

1. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

my buddy Artswrk from nearby Herington, KS who like me bought a cool pedal bike at the event. His is way cooler than mine but I have big "custom" plans for it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

So, after a full day of car show and a Cozy Burger lunch, it was time to move the action a couple miles west to Salina's old municipal airport area where an 1/8th mile of flat concrete strip was waiting for anything and everything that wanted to give it their best shot.........hundreds of spectators lined up to watch and it was big fun. I would like to thank Mrs. PF and her baby sister Nancy for preparing a ton of food and snacks for me and a zillion friends to eat at the drags and at the park on Friday. They got there very early in the am and saved a spot with a big canopy and tables and chairs.....also a big thank you to Bobwop's girlfriend Carla for sending 8 dozen of perhaps the world's finest cookies and a HUGE bowl of pasta salad. :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  3. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

here is a shot of my gasser friends lined up and ready to launch

Attached Files:

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

ButchM with his cool gasser

Attached Files:

5. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Sort of like bigfoot. Sightings without photo evidence........Nice to finally meet you Paul.

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

my pal BCR (Mike) with son Drew from Ellis, KS and his buddy Corey in their cool roadsters. And to answer Wingnutz question................Mike and I did not get to have our long anticipated match race because my car developed some engine trouble.

Attached Files:

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Yep, it was about time. And by the way Tess is a babe! :)

8. true

Attached Files:

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

10. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

"roadster roasting"

Attached Files:

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Barn Find T (Mike) from Denver who learned how to be a good Dad from his own father "St. Nick" drag raced his new 40 coupe with a car load of lucky kids......after making several runs one of the kids fell asleep in the back seat while racing----how cool is THAT???

Attached Files:

12. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Good seein' you there, Paul. Didn't get to visit much, with your fan club always around! Someday I want a ride in the back seat of the limo.

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

BlacktopBuddha running the well known flatty powered coupe owned by NoSurf----could not be no more traditional than this right here.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  14. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

You too John, it was fun watching you run that Model A down the strip but SADLY, I did not get a photo of it or you----dang it!

15. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

some "Turd" from South Omaha-----my pal sololobo (Larry) who ran this car a million times and every single time I saw him all weekend he had a big smile on his face....he is "high on life" :)

Attached Files:

16. wow he was there too

Attached Files:

17. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

another "Turd" floating around the strip was Rob Lee in his hand built roadster that runs great---

Attached Files:

18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I don't know who owned this gasser but it was wicked....

Attached Files:

19. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Thank you to my pal Larry and his wife Sharon for letting me abuse the "Peter Beater" 23 T roadster that I sold them once again. I ran the heck out of it and it seems to love every minute of it! (note to self....need to buy that car back someday)

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Another highlight for me was a visit from my friend Survivor (Marvin) from Derby, KS who sold me the clown car back in a moment of weakness. I appreciate it and will forever remember the good deed you did for me....:)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      326.9 KB
      Views:
  21. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Hamber --Nate--and wife racing his hot rod 46 Chevy truck

Attached Files:

22. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

my buddy PJ_Garst from Mankato, KS raced his wife's period correct 29 hot rod coupe

Attached Files:

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

speaking of his wife ---Heather---she was kind enough to pose with her car for me......WOW!!!

Attached Files:

24. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Speaking of being hot.....the weather was extreme as normal and Wed. reached 115 or so, Thursday was cooler but still over 100, Friday was nicest day all summer at 90 or so and then things heated back up on Saturday was off the charts again in the misery index. I wonder how big this show could grow if we could have it a nicer time of year than July?

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I got to meet alot of new faces and old names including --wfoguy-- who was very interesting to visit with.

Attached Files:

26. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

and Patrick66 from Oklahoma too

Attached Files:

27. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I didn't really take that many photos this year, but I hope you enjoyed the ones I have showed you here. Lots of other guys did a much better job covering the cars than me if you are more interested in cars than people. Thanks for coming along for the ride.....:)

28. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

You too Troy!

29. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Dang....I forgot to mention that after the drags Friday night we went to Calvin Custom's shop open house party where he and Jeff Bennett fed us (again) and had lots of cold beer on tap. Thanks guys and the band was a nice touch too. Then we moved up the street a block or so to the Paramount Bar and had a good time talking to friends.

30. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

And Saturday night after the show a large group of us went to eat at local steak house and then back to the Paramount again for more good times.....as for today?? It's time to rest and reflect on the good days we had and plan for more ahead...