Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Project....1938 Fiat Topolino.....Lil Beast...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Thanks man!!!!! Makes me feel great....but the realty of it is....well I'm still a long way from being ready to start the paint and body work...just so burnt out on not driving Lil Beast...so i bolted parts on and rolled the topo out...figure great way to re break in my old hemi that was stored for 35 + years...guys like u have been a great part in helping me get over the humps of a 5 + year effort of trying to keep life at bay long enough to get my topolino done....

Thanks again to all the supporters...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. couple of shots the wife took after dinner when I got back home, just before it got dark...still no luck finding the cibe 349 replacement lenes...so still no lites...longest cruise so far...me and ol Bob hopped around Monroe county for about 75 miles worth...guess it could be classified as a "Short Reliability Run".....

CAM00926.jpg

CAM00928.jpg

my latest evil bay purchase..saved a good chunck of money getting this one...and the dude never said anything about it having an old years ago partial polishing job done to it.....not sure as to how i'm going to work the old fuel rail in....and it will need to be tapped for the middle carb....but I've had it for a long time...spent 10 years hanging on the side of the vega's blower...figure i'll get it worked out once I pick up some carbs,,,,,

CAM00937.jpg

3. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

where's The beast been hide'in?:D

4. davo461

davo461

Yes! We need more!

5. Lil Beast had been hibernating in the garage...been helping my buddy ol Bob gather parts for what is probably going to end up a glass T bucket on a modified 31 A frame...ai had damn near a rolling frame...

6. would have posted this the other day but still can't from my app..so email it to shop puter then post.....

Bob and his chassis we just finished yesterday...

CAM01065.jpg

7. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Chassis looks great. Maybe you can talk him into a Topo body on it.:D:eek:

9. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Mark,
    That is awesome. Having such a good friend is hard to come by. His T will be a great little ride and will look cool cruising with the beast.

10. Well its not the normal mix for a T...based on the 31 A frame, I'm going to widen the body and maybe stretch it.....taken the aluminum 215 down to his place tomorrow..locate it..figure out the motor mounts....i keep telling him he needs to pull the trigger on a body...we should be ready for it after the holidays pass

11. That's totally cool Mark and i like your reasoning. JW :)

12. thanks JW...got the 215 mocked into the frame before I had to come in here to work tonite....gonna make for a nice lil v-8 for his T...told Bob to start striping it down...thinking about running some brass wire wheels over it...these 215 olds aluminum V-8's shine right up!!!!damn thing has tin valve covers, kinda weird as everything else is aluminum...but Bob's done decided hes going to go with the old "Olds Gold" on them....also the engine has the factory brass/copper?? overflow/filler tank..and its cherry...looking to come together as a cool odd ball T bucket....guess I'm gonna take the 200 overdrive trans down this weekend and see if we can setup the trans cross member and motor mounts....

13. Well after 2 or 3 years, i finally found a replacement lenes for my citroen headlight...cibie 349....now hopefully it makes the Trans Atlantic trip and arrives in one peice, not a million peices...one of those cases where insurance is nice, but i need the lenes...not a refund

14. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya Mark.:) Happy New year!

15. Well it made it intact....starting on the mounts fire the headlights this week..if i can take the sud zero
    Temps this week at nite

16. Fuckin sub zero weather...busier then all hell at work...to tired to work on anything by the time i get home at nite...but try crawling around under a rig or layin on your back in 8" of ice pack..with a ~20/~50 windchill factor blowing up your ass...makes us tired real fast...

But there's a slight break in the weather today, do maybe tonite I'll make it to the garage

17. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I know what you mean about the cold weather. I worked in a heavy truck shop in the late 70s- early 80s. Went on a road call to an 18 wheeler that broke down, lying in the snow and trying to get the fuel crossover line between the saddle tanks unclogged. Cursing ice in the line was one thing, cursing that face full of cold ass diesel fuel was another. I can laugh about it now but I did say a bad word or ten at the time.:eek::D
    Hope you can get back on the Lil Beast soon. I've really enjoyed your thread.

18. 15 above felt good sat...so i burnt the propane and got out to the garage...fabbed the right side headlight mount...still needs welded to sick mount..but like the way its goi ok still no pic load thru my app...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

19. so damn cold out in the garage I couldn't get the lites to go full power to get a decent pic,,,but the headlite mounts are all welded into the shock mounts,,,gotta tweak them, but figure i'll do that when I finish converting the headlites from 6 volt to modern 12 volt bulbs.....
    and my smart driod didn't focus very well...or was fogged up???either or way, hey it's progress

CAM01088.jpg

20. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Wow they look really sharp on the Beast. Almost time to do some twilight cruising this summer. Keep up the nice work. Looking forward to pic's from the Autorama.

21. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Damn, y'all almost make me feel guilty about sitting here in my board shorts with windows and doors open. FWIW my beer is cold...:D

23. Tarlo

Tarlo

Hi Mark,

Been following your progress and am beginning to make process on mine again too, though I'm sure you'll beat me to completion.

Ha ha.

24. Looks great and has good balance. JW

25. the second cobo thrash.....figured out that the frame rails are tweaked...throwing off te coil overs....straightened the rear out...shimmed the front axel to look level for the show.....it was throwing off the headlite mounts....

26. a little closer today before work...

CAM01114.jpg

27. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Really look'in good Mark!!!!

28. afaulk

afaulk

Keep up the good work!

29. Very cool ride your building there!

30. thanks guys...been a hard winter here in Michigan, hell across the whole damn country...but with working at a truck stop, well lets just say I'm not a young'n no more:eek:.........thrashin for Cobo....new QA coil overs arrived today....hopefully tonite isn't too bad at work and I can get out there tonite and get them on and make any required adjustments needed to get this thing sitting properly....I did manage to get the last of the upper firewall pieces welded in and the dash is welded in...down side is the windshield I had cut for il Beast is a bit too big...up side is it was only $40 for it and the rear window...good thing as I managed to put about a 1/2" crack in it ...soooo:mad:...........guess i'll be glass-less at cobo again this year...unless I can find some colored plexi locally...ok back to work ..got trucks waiting...:rolleyes: