Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Project....1938 Fiat Topolino.....Lil Beast...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 30, 2010.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man so stoked you have it looking so good!

2. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

Lookin bad ass!!

3. Thanks guys....i waited 6 years to get this far.....the new Radir tires are really well made....I'm in cincy working on the Cleves house today....one of my major delays in greeting Lil Beast together....that and a six day work week....

Ken, i think the 12.00 its perfect....llovin the white walls...i get back to michigan I'll get the fiat out of the garage so i can get better pics... 1375628350366.jpg

Sent from my LG-MS840 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. spinout

spinout
    from Dallas, TX

Right on the money! Absolutely perfect!

5. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Mark,
    Your wheels and tires are spot on and are perfect for the Beast. Congrats, Keep pluggin away. I think headers might be on the list soon.:):D What are you planning to run for headers. I ended up building my own. Bought a set of sprint style raodster headers made by Patriot. I then cut them to fit. If they make that style for your hemi they would possibly bolt right up. and look really good for you.

Attached Files:

6. loudbang

loudbang

Have you checked to see when (not if) you do some burnouts that those tires don't "grow" and end up hitting the front edge of the wheel opening?

7. Bob, i mocked up some headers for the hemi a few years back..out of an old shop vac hose with some 3/8 roll tube copper stuffed up in it...I'll digg them out this week and snap a pic...

Loud bang, the last tine i had the rearend out i didn't bother to locate it perfectly...as i still have to weld in a few more gussets where i moved the coil over mounts outward....and there's lots of adjustment room left....the Mickey Thompson drag slicks did get taller when i did a burnout in the garage...but with the sidewall on these Radir tires i don't think they'll grow as much...right now my 325 dodge is a stocker...so.......good point though...and also good lookin out..thanks for noticing.....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. well I called radir today about te tires and if they expand during burnouts...said they never heard of it being an issue...4 ply instead of the 2 ply that most of the modern drag slicks are.......I looked at the corner...sidewall meets tread face....these puppies don't look like they could expand if they wanted to....still going to throw a post on the main board to double check.............

9. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Slicks are beautiful! Cool that you're riding around some. Really impressed that you're making so much progress with that work schedule.

10. Beast!
    Damn that tach is neat. Could kinda match these nice ol' gauges of mine;

Attached Files:

11. Ya, the 6 day thing sucks..3/11 ducks too..i have only worked this shift once before...when I was 17...and it was temp job at a super great hourly rate...I also need to get back to the Cleves house N get it ready to rent...so far I'm out about $10,000 in rent since last may..which would have finished Lil Beast ....hell for that cash i could have built the hemi n thrown a blower in there too:eek:.

Right now i hanging in the garage, waiting to go to work...wishing it want training so i could do a road test to see how the new slicks ride...

Us those see different..how much?? I'ld be all over em if the blue was green or teal...match my Lil metal flake steering wheel

12. Took Lil Beast out today for the first offical, legal, kinda , cruise.....first leg out to Boles Harbor to my buddy s , ol Bob s house...About a 5 mile shot...varies from 25 to 45 mph...got a bouncing going on in the rear...got to Bob s and checked air pressure..his gauge said 35 lbs..dropped them to 25...also remembered that i never readjusted the coil over shocks after having the rear end out for gusset welding......so after a visit a, i headed back up and shot over past the wife's workplace...bookkeeper at grocery store....hung out for her break....then drove up thru town and out past the beaches around lake Eire and back to the house..via Mickey D's........great day..perfect weather....never forget it!!!! Or the looks and remarks!!!!

Now to get the glass in.....Weld this...Weld that.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. davo461

davo461

Excellent stuff!!!

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Runs like that make all the hard work worthwhile huh?

15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hey TK.What happened to the VIDEO?
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

16. Video !! Too busy having fun, very cool Mark. JW :)

17. AHotRod

AHotRod

Man it's great to see someone building a Topolino, well done!

18. pics after cruising Saturday

CAM00899.jpg

CAM00905.jpg

19. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So cool, happy for you!

20. playing around with the headlites,,,and my fog lite....garage cat knocked one off the shelf and broke a lens.....looking for a lenes now

CAM00914.jpg

CAM00913.jpg

21. AHotRod

AHotRod

The headlight location looks spot-on ......

22. THANKS!!!

now all I need is another lenes for the other headlite:(.....cibie 349's off old French citiron....the lower fog is a blc...I originally figured on just the one,,,and that was all the guy on evil bay had for sale,,,,more I look at it i'm kinda considering looking around for a second fogger like it,,,seen the shape and fell in love with it,,,( even though i'm mounting it upside down :eek: )....still along way from doing a complete wiring of the topo....right now just running the basics, ignition,,,fuel pump and tach... to cruise short hops around town....just couldn't take staring at Lil Beast in the garage any longer:eek:....and I needed the drive time to boost morale....6 years of trying to build a hot rod is a long , long , long time for me....

23. Way cool all round Mark and you nailed the lights,just a totally bitching Topo. JW :)

24. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Heating oil ? Does that rod run on heating oil ? Just kidding. For all the shitty weather you cats endure, you still build some awesome cars. I have bench raced with several from Michigan and Minnesota while attending Nationals, and y'all are a neat bunch of dudes. Hope to see y'all at a run someday. A couple years ago, Texas had 59 days of 100+ heat.

25. Shitty weather...ya we get tons of it here in the Winter Wonder Land state....when we did the frame work at Kirk s place, i hauled Lil Beast home 96 miles thru a snow storm the last 50 miles...in 4 wheel low range...at about 20 mph down I 75....

Not to mention all the Autorama shows that it snowed thru..
    But it gives ya tome to plan....and then ya get to either freeze your ass of working on your hot rod, or pay for heating fuel of some kind.....just makes one savoir the good weather even more

26. damn Gary, I just noticed that the quote from Randy is from 2010....ya been doing some reading!!!!!!!!!
    thanks for the good words on our northern projects

27. 32highboy54

32highboy54
    from southport

That was my fiat next to the Chevy 2. That was at a good guy show in Nashville about 8 years ago. It was a bad ass car

28. man that's twice today hamber's have gone into the way back machine in this threa!!!!!!!
    highboy, I wonder for years who's topolino that was...looks like it had a serious case of "Haulin-ass-itiss":eek:

29. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Damn, and I was just grumbling about high '80s temps today. Thanks for the perspective check. lol

30. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Awesome lil beast you have, I love it!