Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My new original 32 Ford truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevinsrodshop, Sep 16, 2011.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Thank you for finding my future truck. Drive it, enjoy it all you want, but don't change anything on it. When you get tired of it, call me.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

3. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

4. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

awesome truck man!

5. barbqueboy

barbqueboy

So Sweet, Nice score!

6. c57heaven

c57heaven

savor the moment. Try not to step on their tongues when the guys are looking at it!

7. jfrolka

jfrolka

That would be hard not to drop a flatty v8 in or lower.. Also to preserve a survivor would be great!

8. RatPin

RatPin

I guess I'll be the A-hole that asks.......how much??

9. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Thanks guys.

First order of business was to find out why it was so loud in the cab and the source of the exhaust coming into the cab as well. Exhaust pipe ahead of the muffler and under the cab was shot so got a new muffler and fixed that up.

Also here is my carb. Is there supposed to be an air cleaner on the inlet or does it just suck in unfiltered air?

Attached Files:

10. Old&Low

Old&Low

Beautiful little truck! I think the passenger grille is the perfect touch; add a nice chromed deuce bumper and it'll look like 'Henry' should have made it IMHO!

11. There is a "silencer" that goes over the end of the carb. It has a screen to filter out rocks and birds. I'll post a picture tomorrow. There was an optional oil bath air cleaner available that first mounted on the firewall and later mounted to the head bolts.

If you decide to convert to a flathead, which I strongly don't recommend (leave it alone), you might find this link interesting:http://fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26703&highlight=flathead+replace

If you get into restoring the truck there is an excellent book available. It is called "The 1932 Ford Book" and is published by the Early Ford V8 Club (earlyfordv8.org).

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  12. Man, that thing is real cool! I would probably leave it pretty close to the way it ......at least for a couple of years.

I need to find a '32 sedan like that!

13. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

Great deal and an Awesome looking truck.....now drive the tires off of
    it.

14. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

After taking the truck out for a longer drive I'm actually impressed with how much power that banger has. Once the carb is the rebuilt and I get it tuned a little better I might just stick with the banger. A lot less work to leave it as is! It needs juice brakes though. I really want to drive the snot out of it but I want it safe.

15. Very cool pickup! My 33 looked A LOT like that when I bought it. It was a banger as well. I drove it around for a while, then pulled the banger for a flathead V8, juice brakes and a dropped axle. The color is close, too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. lintmann

lintmann
    from calgary

I still can't believe you got it. Very smart move Kevin! So how fast will it go? :D oh and how well do you fit it??

17. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Chris: I've always liked your truck. Gives me some ideas.

Lintmann: haven't had it up that fast yet, maybe only 35 mph. Suprisingly I don't fit that bad in it. Its a bit tight but not ridiculous. When are you coming over to see it??

18. Nice truck ! you hit the jackpot on this one.
    enjoy it and drive it.

19. Attached are the pictures of the air cleaners that I promised yesterday. Early oil bath air cleaners mounted to the firewall but the one shown in the first picture attaches with head bolts through the base in the lower left of the photo. A stamped steel pipe is attached with a hose and clamps and extends down to the carburetor where it attaches with a rubber hose and clamps. The oil bath air cleaner was an accessory. The second picture is the standard air silencers. The one on the left is early with an aluminum neck. The neck frequently broke (as is the one in the picture) and was replaced with the one on the right with a stamped steel neck. The last picture shows the screen at the bottom. Outside was a 1/4 mesh and inside was a slightly finer mesh but it would still let a lot of dust through.

Another question. What is the serial number of your truck (use XXX for the last 3 digits)?

Charlie Stephens

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  20. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Thanks for the air cleaner pics! I don't think I've ever seen one of those.

21. modeleh

modeleh

Nice truck, good find for sure. You might want to consider some upgraded brake floaters to improve the stock system. There is a bloke in NZ that makes them and they are now considered by many to make the system nearly as effective as hydraulic. Google search Ted's Floaters and check out the video if you want more info.

22. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Those Flat Head Ted floaters look pretty cool. I might have to try them first.

23. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Here's it's big brother, 1-1/2 ton dump truck- would make a neat dually, eh? :p
    I got a lot worse ration when I first posted it because it also has the wrong grille (and hood) on it, matter-of-factly telling me it's not a '32, which it is, all correct stuff except the hood & grille and of course the headlights (have found a nice set of comm lights & bar, trying to pry them from the owner's grasp), early '32 numbers, still has the mech brakes, and the original banger got swapped for a '41 flatty at some point. Also not changing it unless I find a deal on a '32 comm grille & hood (not likely :rolleyes:) so I guess I'll suffer along with it not being quite correct :D

A very nice '32 tow truck just went to Austria a couple weeks ago in a container, should have gotten some pics before it got loaded up

[​IMG]

24. bigken

bigken

Very nice..........good job.

25. billylo

billylo

26. modeleh

modeleh

MeanGene, I think you may have a 34 there. The main reason I say that is your truck has the large bearing axles with the big stainless hub caps which were first introduced in 34. That would make the hood and grille correct for the truck. Also the wheels have a bigger center hole than the 30-33 Budd wheels. I'm assuming it does not have the extra wide body reveal below the back window which is the telltale of a 34 cab. Perhaps it is an early 34 and they could have been using up the last 33 cabs. It is tough to tell the difference between a 32 and 33 cab, there was a difference in the firewalls but I can't remember exactly. I attached this pic to show the difference in the small axles used in the 32s and 33s. This is a 32.
    [​IMG]

27. Nice old truck!

28. Super nice . Its a long way from Texas, but would be glad to drive up and trailer it to a new home !:eek:

29. bonesy

bonesy

That's a GREAT looking truck. It needs to be hot rodded.