Register now to get rid of these ads!

my new lil chevy engine ..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by themodelking, Dec 18, 2012.

1. themodelking

themodelking

built for a customer [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Deuces

Deuces

I have that kit also....:)
    Yours turned out sweeeeet!!!!... :D

3. on the box at the bottom right (competition customized motor) whats attached to the front?

4. tedster

tedster

blower

5. slobroy

slobroy

crank mounted blower...Potvin most likely.

6. Awesome job, don't forget to polarize the generator when you fire it up or it will never charge. :rolleyes:

7. Yes, Potvin crank mounted supercharger.

Attached Files:

8. themodelking

themodelking

yup you are correc
    t

9. TurboX2

TurboX2

When you said ILI, you were not kidding. :)

10. Lots of talent there T, have any other engines you can post some pics?

11. themodelking

themodelking

go see my pics in my albums

12. thanks for the heads up, I have seen those before, just did not pop into my mind. nice jobn on the model

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

That looks to be the same motor that was in the big tub and other t versions so what is the trans a replica of,the only trans I can think of would be a floor shift LaSalle and would one bolt up to a sbc. I know in the model world anything can be made to work but just wondering what trans they wanted it to look like.

14. Deuces

Deuces

The kit has allot of goodies from the good ol' dayz.. An Edelbrock 3x2 intake, a Dragstar 6x2 intake, a Hilborn fuelie intake, the Potvin crank mount blower, a Cragar 4-71 blower intake, and a stock cast iron 4-bbl intake... The list goes on and on..
    You can find those on ebay..
    I got my kit from a guy who works at one of Ford's Dyno buildings here in Dearborn... ;)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  15. F&J

F&J

Not a LaSalle, as those are bottom load, bottom cover, with the top shift tower off towards the right front of the trans.

The trans in that kit is a '37 Buick Roadmaster with the Olds V-8 gears and open drive tail. Hot Rod magazine did the article in 1956, on how to mate it to the SBC bellhousing. That was before the T10 came out, and drag cars needed a stronger trans for hopped up 283's.

Here is mine on an early olds

Attached Files:

16. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

One last question and then we can go back to model programming,did the Buicks in 37 have a open driveshaft or were they converted to open driveshaft.

17. F&J

F&J

They were closed drive. To convert to open, you put all the gears, shafts, and tailhousing from a 51-64 Olds, or a 56/57 Pontiac.

18. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

It would be nice if Monogram would reproduce all the big T kits and accessories.