Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features My new AV8

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Badfella, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Badfella

Badfella

Just saw this pic on another thread. Gives me an exact idea of how my car would look with a deuce grill shell. Even has my Kelsey's on it! Still digging the 'A' shell though...

Attached Files:

2. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Keep the car with the A shell. It is a really period looking roadster with a nasty look. Love it!

Stogy likes this.
  3. Badfella: I'm with you on the grill and heck yeah on the 40 spokers for sure. I'm looking for two more for my cabrio. Tim

Stogy likes this.
  4. Looks perfect!

Stogy likes this.
  5. Merc cruzer

Merc cruzer
    from Colorado

Looks to be early 70's Triumph or BSA in front of the car?

6. Badfella

Badfella

Thanks guys. Yeah that's my 1970 Triumph T120R. I love this car but really miss the 34 3-Window I let get away from me years ago. I will enjoy her until the right 32-36 coupe comes my way...

Stogy likes this.
  7. Merc cruzer

Merc cruzer
    from Colorado

I had the 70' T120 Bonneville 650 that I bought new. Wish I still had it back (stolen). The never come up for sale.

8. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

Keep the model A shell on it, way too many model A's with '32 grills. The car is awesomely badassed.

Stogy likes this.
  9. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

To give credit where it is due, Rob built the car and did 90 percent of the work, Mikey directed the project and did the brake lines and fuel lines, being a plummer, nobody could do prettier lines than him. Mikey was pretty sick by then but left Rob a great gift, He taught Rob how to build a hot rod and that in it's self is more valuable , for it's something that Rob will keep for the rest of his life. Cars come and go and what I enjoy the most is giving life to a pile of rusty parts and Mikey was the same . Mikey's greatest asset was helping others and his strong passion for his hobby, for this he will always be missed.

Stogy and Hitchhiker like this.
  10. Dumb question but I kind of like the side splash aprons but not sure what they are off. They look like maybe 28/29 but obviously its a 30/31 style roadster. The 30/31 side splash aprons I have seen don't have the swoop in the front.

What are they?

Stogy likes this.
  11. Badfella

Badfella

Well said Miguel. When the car first entered our club it was a traditional banger with a bitchen' Lion's speed head, mechanical brakes and stock chassis. Rob decided to go AV8 and followed the tradition of the guys in the 40's. He did it just the way it would have been done. All the work was done at Mikey's house and he directed but Rob was adamant that he be the one to build the car. Like Miguel said, Mikey assisted with lines, brakes and some direction but Rob deserves a lot of credit for the build. I was at his shop last night hanging out and shooting the shit. Miguel, you should come check it out soon.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Stogy likes this.
  12. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Ya, I've been missing all my friends, between the shop and the long border waits, it's gotten tuff to visit anymore.

Stogy likes this.
  13. Badfella

Badfella

Well I've decided it's offically for sale/trade. Would rather trade though. Price would be 30k firm or trade for 32-36 coupe. It will be in the classifieds by the end of this weekend. My number is 619-200-1031. Someone is gonna get an amazing traditional ride...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Stogy likes this.