Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Model A Truck will soon Scream under new Power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. You should just switch to a big block now, you've blown up two small ones....lol

2. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Anything worth doing, is worth doing right.

:D

3. #### Hillsboro Racing Engines "Race One Or Chase One You Chooze !!! >>>>.

4. Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  5. holy f#%k batman

6. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

LITTLEMAN...you got that right bubba!...POP.

7. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Are those pistons "as manufactured" or have they had the tops cut down to lower the compression??

8. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

9. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Jacin..........As manufactured Wiseco's.............Dave

10. 10secondA

10secondA

man i absolutely love your truck, i have been looking through this thread admiring your work, bum deal about the motor, but thats the price we sometimes pay to haul ass, i have a 31 pickup that i drive to the track its gone a best et of 11.24 at 120 on the motor, but the work on your truck is much more impressive

11. 65 impala

65 impala

never ending just got to keep opening the wallet we all get sick of it after a while

12. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

LITTLEMAN...you deserve better my friend. i've never seen this much bad luck with anybody's rod. but I KNOW you will make lemonaid out of lemon's. and like DAVID WEBER said your my HERO too...POP.

13. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thompson DragStrip........we will meet again my friend........and not with no dam flat top piston again...he hee......they break too easy......This is going to work one way or another !....Littleman

[​IMG]

14. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Well that should do it, should also make a nice popping sound out of the headers.

Jon

15. So what's in the works now, 350 block or ?

16. SpeedAddict001

SpeedAddict001
    from Alaska

I love your Model A truck Littleman! What are your plans for it now? What ever they are, keep us posted because I love reading about your truck.

17. drflex

drflex

don't you have a hemi sitting around you could throw it there? I recall it has all those carbs you like on it. i'd bet you can have it in bowling green if you start today.

18. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

is that a ski slop for some circus flees?doesnt look like a street motor any more!!!!!good luck.are you going to norwalk?dons calling earnist and getting acouple of spots.hopefully ill see you there.

19. Glen

Glen

Solid roller?

20. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Yes...............Littleman

Swade41......it will be another 010 4 bolt block....sonic checked and cleared to be good.....I just took out the pistons from the last one....It cracked all over, down thru two cylinders and up thru the 4four bolt main cap.....The entire corner of the block is not held on by much....even the oil filter was no longer straight...........

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  21. Brewton

Brewton

Any new progress reports?

22. Getting ready for the Showdown!?!?

23. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Quick update...........Tony @ Ross Racing Engines has the new engine on his Dyno......The other day he did a pull w/ his four barrel holley which I think he said it was 720 cfm and he also ran his dizzy in it...........w/ 38 degree's of timimg it made 574 hp and 481 ft. lbs of torque.................Sounds like yesterday he bolted on my worked over six-two setup and it dropped HP by 40 to 50 off the total..........Which puts it around 530 or so per our phone conversation today, I had a feeling it would do this.........I think the plan is to have me go to the shop this Monday after work and change jets........Sounds like the four barrel flowed 40 GPM more than the six-two setup he told me........So I need to get the 94 carbs to flow more....I am wondering if I need to open up the nozzel bar assemblies larger ? along w/ bigger jets.........I hope to recoupe some of the lost HP in the end......if not..it is cool to make over 500 HP w/ six 94 carbs anyday..not to mention this setup does have nitrous if needed he he..and I will use it........Littleman

24. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

530 hp sounds good to me and I'm sure there is more there with a little tuning.I was thinking I would lose about 50 hp with my 6x2 setup too. Any idea what the old motor made? Where's the youtube?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  25. The amount of time,engineering and tinkering you have done to that engine is inspiring. To get that HP out of 6 old junk carbs is rad;)

26. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

The carbs you are using should work allot better than my older 94's.....which is good for you....I have no idea what kind of power my old engine made.....I have never had anything dynoed or blueprinted to the degree Tony aka ''GOATROPER2 here on the Hamb'', Ross Racing Engines out of Niles, Ohio has done for me. This is a first for me...So thanks Tony !.........and I have never done the youtube thing yet, but will pick up a camera for inside the Truck and will learn how to do it...

Thanks, Tman
    ....................Littleman

27. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Can't wait to hear it go! Will you have it at the showdown drags this year?

28. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I am trying to make it..............Littleman

29. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

I would like to see a video of it on the dyno

you going to make it out to milan this year I need to see it run?

30. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

The Gasser meet is next weekend I think....and my engine is still on the dyno so I will probably not make it as of now.....Littleman Dave