Register now to get rid of these ads!

My last t-bucket mock-up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nobux, Jan 2, 2008.

1. nobux

nobux

After screwing around with this thing for a couple of years, changing my mind every couple months, and pestering the Hamb with my inability to make up my mind, I've got her just about ready to blow apart for paint.

Some of you may remember me wavering between a turtledeck and a pick-up box...Well, I went with neither. I kept chanting to myself,'Just get the car done'. So, I sucked the rear axle ahead 8" and called it done. Of course, that meant that my ladder bars and coilovers mounts had to be redone, but whatever. Just get the car done!

I'm gunning for a mid-60s style car. Pie crust cheater slicks will replace the Mickey's on the Cragars. Wheelbase will probably be squirrelly at 90", but it should be fun around town. It would have been cool to take it out in the snow, but it would have been a bit cold this morning at -4 degrees.

Thanks for your patience,
    Karl
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm feeling it. Nice job. What color you going with?

3. gas pumper

gas pumper

Mine is a 90 inch wb car. Drives like a dream. Buggy spring over front, and rear. Skinny tires. the tires slide before handling becomes a problem.

I like the A shell.

Heres mine headed home from the Horseless carrige ride in from CA.

Frank

Attached Files:

4. nobux

nobux

Silver for the chassis and suspension, and a light blue for the body. Interior will be two narrow low back buckets I got out of a tour bus, upholstered in white. The rest of the interior will be upholstered in white pleated vinyl.

5. looks cool !(no pun intended) :D

6. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I can't believe I'm saying this, but those Cragars MAKE that car! :D Neat hot rod. I think I photoshopped a little truck bed on there a long time ago. :)

7. nobux

nobux

I have the car tucked in the corner of the shop at work. You would not believe the number of customers that want to buy those wheels for their Camaros, Regals, Firebirds, etc....:p This car should be a handful, 406 Chevy, 2400 stall converter, 4:11 gears. I was worried about the s-10 rear end, but the car should be light enough that that shouldn't be a problem.

I think it came a long way from this:

[​IMG]

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

are ya really keepin the cragars????:(

9. You'll have a smile on your face, I'm running a 350, 3000 convertor with the same gears. It's a sa-shaying handful right through mid second gear, I'd leave the wheel/tire combo on it.