Register now to get rid of these ads!

History My flea market find....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sqeaky Hinge, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

My flea market find , I will post this pic in rememberance of Pearl Harbor , it is my tag topper for an automobile that I bought at a flea market in Tazewell , VA , I asked the guy if he knew what it was , his reply was "All I know is I have had 3 people ask me how much , I told them $1.00 , and they put it back down" , I picked it up , payed for it , and it hasnt left my possesion yet , and never will... "Remember Pearl Harbor"

Attached Files:

2. deto

deto

People are unbelievable. Killer score for a buck.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. Wowcars

Wowcars

If they couldn't fork over a measly buck for that, they don't deserve to have it. Nice piece, man.
    I don't remember Pearl Harbor, but I'll never forget.

4. 100dollardodge

100dollardodge

That thing is too cool. I'd go for $250 if it were on American Pickers!!!!

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Wow,....... Very cool

6. Moedog07

Moedog07

Those who have served the calling of our nation may not remember December 7, 1941 but they will never forget either.
    As for me and mine - We will remember that date.

Good score. I'll two dollars for it, you can double your money....:)

7. dad-bud

dad-bud

Major score

8. Nice Pick. Wear it with Pride...... The other 3 definitely have no clue

9. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Carry the pride brother,good for you...nice score.

10. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

Thanks guys , Ireally like it , I cant bring myself to put it on my car for fear it'll get swiped , so , it resides on my lamp right above my computer...:D

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I would have payed way more then a dollar for it.

12. afaulk

afaulk

Nice find, probably a bargain at $20. It made me think of a guy in Calif. that had a WWII, POW license plate on a Honda Accord. He said "he'd forgiven them". My reply was "although I was born in 1951, I certainly have not", and won't buy a Jap car. Hopefully it at least made him think........

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

There was a guy in the Dayton Ohio area that had something in the window about the battle of Iwo Jima or however its spelled on a Honda product and had personalized plates saying something to that order too,I wanted to say something about it but kept my mouth shut and since I have not seen the car for awhile probably has passed away.

14. 34 Hound

34 Hound

Attached Files:

15. 34 Hound

34 Hound

16. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

17. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

That was 3 very stupid people. Great score and my Dad would have really appreciated something like that. Very proud Marine he was and never forgot about Pearl Harbor.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sqeaky Hinge, Thank you for starting this thread, this topper must date from WWII as well. Thoughts and prayers to all who have served and those that are on active duty. Bob

Attached Files:

19. nugget32

nugget32

Glad you bought it and respect it. My Dad served in WW2 and will never and I repeat never buy a Jap product. He is now 91 and bought himself a new Motorcycle last spring, not Jap. He rides daily, weather permitting.

20. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

I try not to buy jap crap, but it is not easy to do so anymore. Never owned a jap car and never will.

21. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

we learned about pearl harbor in school back in early 60s .up here in
    Canada we know the significance of that date and respect the sacrifices of those involved.it got the us into the war on a grand scale and helped end a very horrific time.to all who serve our thanks go with you.

22. Squeaky: Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I'm afraid those a couple of generations behind us may not have the same attitude about our country and all that it stands for and means to us. Tim

23. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The more I read about WW II its not so much about the sneak attack that I have most of the trouble with but its the way they treated our guys they captured during the war,the way they tortured then was nasty.

24. thehazguy

thehazguy

Neat, definitely bought by someone who remembers. Thought about Pearl Harbor a lot yesterday. What a treasure for sure.

25. Seems those were three very ignorant people who didn't know their history. Good score!

26. Nonstop

Nonstop
    from CA

What a beautiful piece..... The others that passed on it should be ashamed that something of that nature caught their interest enough to inquire about it, then decide a whole dollar was too much to spend on a great piece and the history it brings!

Glad it ended up in good hands!

27. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Wow, Great score. A dollar won't even buy you a soda anymore.
    My uncle was a veteran of WWII, Korea and Viet Nam. He never bought anything but Fords his whole life with the exception of two Cadillacs in 1959 and 1960 but he didn't like the Caddys. Now that he is old and disabled I see a new Toyota in his garage, my aunt has taken over the buying decisions. I bet it kills him every time he has to get in that thing. :(