Register now to get rid of these ads!

My first 'show' - Chatterbox in NJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modelacitizen, May 29, 2010.

1. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

I've been dying to drive my hotrod to this place since the first time I went there. It's a very cool retro style restaraunt in Augusta NJ (Sussex county). Granted, there are usually are not many traditional style hot rods there but on Saturdays during the summer they have a great turn out of muscle cars, antiques, hot rods, etc. Plus the inside of the place is awesome, covered in old movie posters, the food is yummy and they always have a cool car on display in the middle of the eating area as well as a FED hanging from the ceiling!! Pretty sweet. So I finally got my car over there to hang out and get my first taste of a car show that actually had MY car in it. Haha! I had a great time. That beige Model A roadster was the coolest car there. The owner told me that the car was owned by his brother in '57. They kept track of the car though and bought it back in 2000. Super cool story. He had a Jalopy Showdown sticker on it. Anyone recognize it? Anyway, if any of you guys live in the Ny, Pa, NJ area, you should defintely make the trip to The Chatterbox on a nice Saturday. It's worth the trip. BTW my car is the red primer coupe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Thought the Chatterbox was in Sea Side ?

3. Your showin your age now..........

4. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

More than one? Dunno... I looked at their website and didn't see anything to that effect.

5. nice pictures.....Chatterbox in Seaside Heights has been gone for years...he was pulling your leg

6. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

Guess that kinda shows my age too. LOL I have to admit I felt a little out of place. I'm relatively young at 31 and I was BY FAR the youngest guy there with a hot rod. Some of the older dudes couldn't believe it was my car.

7. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

She :) and yeah ,,use to got see bands there,,shows how long its been since I was to the shore,,,lol,,,the funny part is the show I saw there I think was Stryper,,,lol

Think there was another place too Razzles or something like that,,lotta good clubs and Bars there back in teh day

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  8. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Any more pics of this?

[​IMG]

9. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Great job on the new (kinda) ride. I read your first ride thread & am inspired. So .... is this upcoming winter the top chop winter??

PACO

10. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

No plans to chop it. Actually I wanna get a roll bar in it put some gears in the rear and drag race it next season. I don't have any other pics of that black '34 coupe. Honestly it looks best from the back. He put a '32 grill on it.....