Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my first model t project a tudor sedan delivery

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by james reynolds, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Here is a photo of front Axle set up. That's a Model A axle dropped 4.5" and stock spring. That's why just a 3" kick in the rear. Plus the rear fenders have not been moved around at all. No trans tunnel necessary. As in Stock stuff. Remember big rear kick means less Cargo space. Not that that matters.
    The Wizzard
    20160211_172715.jpg

dwollam likes this.
  2. AndersF

AndersF

I allso had 2 years of planning before i started to build mine.
    I am sure it gave me alot less trouble when i started to build.
    If you accept 8 inch rised floor in the back you got no trouble with tank and battery.
    As pist-n-broke said you should not have to do full 8 inch if you dont want that.
    But that is one of the thing you could look at with a mock up.
    A 2x4 frame would give you all the strength you need.
    With all the stuff you want under the dash an angeled brake setup is out of question.
    Not much room on firewall if you want servoassisted mastercylinder. If look is importand
    it would not look very well either.
    If you do floormount you need to have that in mind when you do the crossmembers on the frame.
    Dont ask me how i know.:D
    And if you put a door on the backside it must be 100% sealed if your exhaust end in the back.
    That type of bodys create a preasure against the back panels and you dont want exhaust gases in the coupe.
    The easy way to solved it would be to route the exhaust behind the foosteps and out on sides just in front of the backwheels.

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Hmmm...I have a '27 Tudor I've been thinking about selling...

4. james reynolds

james reynolds

ok pist thx for the info

5. james reynolds

james reynolds

im not opposed to the exhaust coming out the side i have used that a few times an fast street cars but it tends to make a sooty spot on the paint in the area it exits,of course that could have been from fuel additives i had to run due to compression issues i will absolutely seal the rear door and side doors very well though

6. james reynolds

james reynolds

a project or a finished car?

7. james reynolds

james reynolds

i made an error when i said the rear kick was 8 inch thats the length of the riser piece and at the moment i cant find the actual lift im gonna go measure my wood frame

8. james reynolds

james reynolds

i wasnt too concerned about the lift pre mockup and its what the t bucket book and my frame builder reccomended its actually 5.5 inches lift

9. james reynolds

james reynolds

i saw a setup recently that used sort of a bell crank and moved the master to the passenger side under the front seat very wild looking i would never trust my life to something like that i was hoping i could mount it to the frame under the drivers seat with the pedal pivoting at the floor and using a long straight rod to move the master i would shield all that of course

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Project. Decent body, patches that are needed are included. A frame, 2 ft axles, A grille shell, dash, doors...

11. james reynolds

james reynolds

your really far away from me but if you decide to part with it throw me a number i might be interested

12. AndersF

AndersF

With angled setup i mean like this.
    The all thing is under the dash with a hanging pedal and mc/servo pointed to the right.
    [​IMG]

13. james reynolds

james reynolds

thats pretty cool

14. The NE Georgia’s Swap is Saturday, December 2,2017 at the Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, Georgia!,the last one of the year and it's always huge. HRP

15. james reynolds

james reynolds

hot rod primer you are awesome thank you

16. HemiTCoupe

HemiTCoupe
    from TN.

James,
    What dimensions do you need to know?
    My coupe is all stock dimensions. running full fenders, stock splash aprons & running boards. I could use the stock hood, but I have a 2X4 tunnel on it.

I have my complete Tudor Sedan, and Coupe drawn out in masterCam.

I don't believe they made a '26-27 Sedan Delivery.

Pat

Tudorframe2.jpg

Attached Files:

17. james reynolds

james reynolds

wow cool i have to go to work but ill get back to you tonight on dimensions as far as sedan delivery i just need 26-27 tudor dimensions cowl length is the main thing but i need to confirm most everything

18. james reynolds

james reynolds

do you have the distance across the car at the bottom and top for

a pillar to a pillar(windshield post)

b pillar ( where the door latches) to b pillar

c pillar (the one after the rear side window) to c pillar

the length at center from bottom and top of rear center panel to the rear side of the a pillar

and same panel to the front side of the cowl at the bottom

overall length of the roof

height of the body at the b pillar

do you know how thick the rad shell is

19. goldmountain

goldmountain

I found John Buttera T models on ebay for around $40. Here 's the dimensions for a T frame from RodAction, January 1978. Mayall was building a touring, but the frame is the same. Scan-171130-0005.jpg Scan-171130-0006.jpg Scan-171130-0005.jpg Scan-171130-0005.jpg Scan-171130-0006.jpg Scan-171130-0006.jpg Scan-171130-0009.jpg Scan-171130-0010.jpg

Attached Files:

20. james reynolds

james reynolds

thanks gold mountain defintely helpfull i have tbucket plans but they are different enough to be an issue

21. james reynolds

james reynolds

the body length measurements i have are from a coupe and a touring looks like 84 inches windshield to the back of the car does that seem correct its what i based my wheel base off of and it seems like i have gained about 10 inches somewhere that shouldnt be there i had added 4 on purpose the rest are unaccounted for

22. James,
    Check out the corrugated cardboard tires, wood frame, jackstands, engine sitting on a dolly, and the headlight bar is propped up with bricks & vicegrips.o_O

Hope this helps.:)
    DSC06083-1-1.jpg

flatheadpete and patmanta like this.
  23. james reynolds

james reynolds

one very cool model a ,what size hemi is that ?

Just Gary likes this.
  24. 354 Chrysler pulled from a '58 Dodge truck.:cool:

25. A Boner

A Boner

How to cut the the tube for maximum strength of the kick up. Notice the length of the weld area will be longer too! image.png

Just Gary and Atwater Mike like this.
  26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Good thinking, 'Boner. I did some 'T' frames at my shop in '80 similar to this. (measure the triangles, matching the hypotenuse with the long cut of altitude)
    Some 'walk-in critics' made unsavory remarks, ("That's not the way to step a frame...") and were physically 'asked' to leave... (Who invited those honiaks in?)

Just Gary likes this.
  27. 27Tudor

27Tudor

Wintec Fabrication was making full fender T chassis but their website is gone. Too bad for those who don't want to make their own.

Sent from my SM-N910V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

And grind all the mill scale and what not off and 'V' the weld joint. Good and strong.

Just Gary likes this.
  29. HemiTCoupe

HemiTCoupe
    from TN.

James, Sorry I had been busy, and running everywhere. I will get you the info you want tomorrow. I have them, I just need to make sure on a couple. before I send them to you.

You could run up any time you want, and check out some things you need to look at, and measure.

Your welcome any time.

Pat

30. james reynolds

james reynolds

its a busy time of year pat thx for the help but take your time its all good