Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features my first custom...'49 ford tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2345.coupe, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

2. ready to get the dash work started....
    decided to use the original dash that was in the shoebox.....
    welding in a radio delete plate....
    going to use the sweet gauges and hardware from the gray dash.....
    don't have the heart to weld on the nice dash......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

Great work! Thanks for taking and sharing all those pics. Im doing (going to do) most of what you have done, to my coupe. Ive saved and will print some of your pics to follow when I do mine. Espeacilly the panel below the trunk lid.

Andy.

4. next lead or metal 2 metal filler.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. dash is ready for paint.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. got the dash,around the front and rear windows,around the trunk lid and trunk hinges based and cleared.......
    now under the windshield and rear glass gasket will already be prepped.........and I can install the front and rear glass......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. got the dash painted,cleared and assembled.....pretty happy with it......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. got the headers bolted on...nice fit , clears stock box......
    inner fenders bolted on.....
    next fenders repairs.........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. lower fender patch panels look pretty decent.......
    now just have to figure out and fabricate the inner brace work to attach the fender to the cowl......probably just copy the stock set-up......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Looking Good!

11. got the patch panels on the pass. fender welded up, coated fender with zinc phosphate......mocked her up, looks pretty decent.....
    next por-15 the inner side of the fender and fab fender bracket that attach's the fender to the cowl........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. RespectTradition

RespectTradition
    from NY

Looks great!!! I spent almost 5 years doing a 50 coupe. They are great cars. The jamco suff is awesome. Car is gonna be a perfect cruiser. Keep up the good work!

13. por-15 the inner fender surfaces,fender bracket repaired,dash installed.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Thats a good project you got going on

15. got the Rebel 9 +2 Wiring Kit from Tugmaster on the HAMB vender's page...ready to install..........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. well, I bought the cheaper ($40.00) lower fender patch panels instead of the $79.00 deluxe lower fender patch panels......trying to save a nickel..
    well, after hammer welding the new panels in and mounting the fender, I noticed they weren't right....the bottom line of the fender drooped down lower than the rocker panels....looked like "shit".......after a lot of thinking, I decided to hammer and dolly the fender into shape....
    turned out pretty good......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. got some more wiring done, hood hinges and hood installed,front and rear glass installed......I don't like the look of the front windshield without the chrome trim so I bought a set from shoebox ford.com. I'll take the glass out and re-install with the chrome.
    got a '64-'68 mustang gas tank with sending unit and filler hose for $128.00 delivered to my doorstep......got her mocked up.....
    plan to reinforce the front angle iron piece......
    still have to straighten the front pieces out so everything fits correctly....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  18. Where did you get your tank?

19. orula

orula

Very nice work!!!

20. thanks man......
    I forgot to mention I got the front and rear "single''grove window rubber seals, 85.00 front and 65.00 rear from shoeboxford.com
    also got the two tinted windshield glasses for $160.00...SH was $35.00 so the total was $345.00
    they offer a one piece windshield also......FYI
    and no ,I don't get a commission for the plug......

21. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

You have really come a long way. Great looking job. You will be cruising before long.

22. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Nice progress.Those look more like "Gennie" wheels or '48 and older steelies to me. The stock shoebox wheel had the "nubs" to hold the stock caps on.

23. koolkemp

koolkemp

Funny thing is we cant buy those tanks that cheap here in Canada! The car is coming along great by the way!!

24. 60 ford

60 ford

Sweet build, Your going to have an awesome car. Good luck

25. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Lovin this. Good stuff in this thread. Your progress and work looks good.

26. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

just went through the whole thread and you do nice work and the car is coming along great.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  27. rockguy92

rockguy92

I've said it before, but it needs to be said again, you are doing an amazing job on this car. Thanking you for taking the time to take us step-by step through the build of your Shoebox.

The Rock

28. man, you guys are ok.....basically I'm searching the HAMB threads, seeing and learning how you guys did your builds, copying them to the best of my ability.....and my ride is starting to come together....
    I added a 1x1 rectangular tube piece to re-reinforce the top support of the gas tank...started to fab patch floor trunk peices....don't have a shrinker so I'm using the bead roller to shrink and contour the surface of the metal to fit my openings.........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Too cool for school