Register now to get rid of these ads!

My fathers new ford PU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56oldsDarrin, Feb 11, 2012.

1. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

I drove this thing across town last weekend, its running a little ragged but its been sitting awhile.
    429 ford C6 and a newer 9 inch, Its just the kind of 80rifick farm truck I grew up with.
    Some one asked me how it drove, "Like running down a hill, with a pig in a wheelbarrow."

Attached Files:

2. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

Like your new ride! When I got my F1 running after sitting for some 20 years drove it from my shop to home must of had the same pig and wheel baro action all over the road.LOL
    So whats the plan for the the new F1? Looks like the body is pretty good.

3. Looks good! I'm always amazed at how many of these trucks are still floating around. That 429 should make it go.....stopping could be interesting though.....
    Have fun with it!

4. I showed the pics of your truck to Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup, and she was impressed, started honking her horn and flashing her headlights, which is her way of saying she really likes another old Ford truck.

5. metalix_421

metalix_421

good looking truck im sure she runs with the 429

6. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

nice truck! im running a 429 /c6 in mine also /love it/

Attached Files:

7. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

We are debating a front end upgrade.
    Im sold on the Jag IFS, but I think the engine sits awful low, even with a rear sump pan,
    it looks like the flat crossmember will hit the pan.

SO, the big choice is rebuild the front end all stock...
    OR...
    The Hiedts mustang II because it seems
    to drop down enough to clear the pan.
    And we get power steering.
    and disc brakes.

8. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

i used the front clip from a 69 marquis,same car the engine/trans came from. it works very well but in your case i think the heids or other kit would be the way to go.

9. vanst603

vanst603
    from New York

That's where I'm at Darrin, to many front end choices....I'm doing a 58 Chevy and trying to kept the costs down, good luck on that right? Anyway I may go with a dropped axle and disc brake conversion however I'm putting a 348ci in it with has clearance issues with the stock steering box. Scott's Hot Rods manufactures IFS set-ups and seem very knowledgable, complete IFS for mine with coil overs is $2,400.00. Check them out.

10. paintman27

paintman27
    from new jersey

I just put a Scott's IFS under my 46 chevy! Great unit and You can't beat there customer service. I had a few questions for them on the install and Justin the owner was calling me on Christmas eve and New Years day helping me out!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. vanst603

vanst603
    from New York

The 46 looks great! When I spoke to Scott's around Chirstmas time Justin spent about 45 minutes talking with me and answering questions. Good luck with your project. Terry