Register now to get rid of these ads!

My driver is here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shoebox72, Jan 4, 2007.

1. shoebox72

shoebox72

I got my driver earlier this week. It's a 55. I'm not gonna go crazy on this one. The connie kit will probrobly be off tomorrow, redo the side trim on the doors so it looks like a 55, buy some wide whites, block & prime, then maybe replace the windshield. I figured this would be a cool driver while I work on Lisa's Ranchero. What do ya think?

2. rustywrench

rustywrench

3. shoebox72

shoebox72

oops. TA-DA

Attached Files:

4. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Thats a Kevin Danny car.

5. shoebox72

shoebox72

I got some papers that say frank danny jr out of lodi.
    I'm not trying to take credit for the car. I really don't know much about it other than it's cool & one hell of a road car.

Any history?

Billy

6. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The car was built bt Kevin Danny who is Franks son.Kevin was 24 when he chopped it which was about 4 years ago.He also built Billy Monroes 51 Merc at www.screaminink.com.That was the car that he built when he was like 17.His dad has had a shitload of mercs .He has that stock blue 51 convert that had the raider wheels from Conn.Kevin Danny also chopped that Orange 50 Merc that was on the cover of Customs Illustrated before that guy redid it.

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Car looks AWESOME Billy! Congrats! I'm hoping we'll run into each other one of these days.

8. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Not bad for a driver ;)

9. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

I like how he posts that he's 'not gonna go crazy on this one' and then posts a pic of a car that someone already seems to have gone crazy on. I don't see chopped '55s very often, nice car...

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I think your fucking up a perfectly good paint job.... Why?

11. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Zman is right and leave the Con kit....Crap that car is awesome as she sits

12. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Yeah-I was wondering that as well. Unless it's super wavy and we just can't see it, it looks fine.

13. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

damnit billy... that RULES. how in the hell did you score that? NICE job bro-

Tuck

14. John B

John B

That car is just right the way it sits. Why would you ruin a decent paint job?

15. I'm with the rest of the gang here, why mess up a beautiful car? You'll very easily take an outstanding car and make it melt into the crowd.

I know, I know, my opinion... your car.

16. chevychris5

chevychris5

I'm over here on this side of the pond and straight out Bro U should just get a brew, sit down put some sounds on am take in whats infront of U.
    Its one damm cool set of wheels - anyone can easily screw up a neat motor. Take your time and appreciate the effort involved in putting the projecy together the way it has been.
    Then, maybe in 6/12 months when your excitement has kind of settled look at areas in the cold lite of day.:rolleyes: Cris.

17. belair

belair

I thought a '55 was a Chevy. Oh well. If YOU want to make changes to the car that YOU bought with YOUR money, making it YOUR car, that is what YOU should do. BUT - in this case maybe you should be careful about preserving the car's history. Look at the crazy value and desireability of the old customs now, and how they were treated by their 2nd and 3rd owners. I too am not crazy about continental kits, but have a blast with it. That's what it's for, right? Feel free to disregard any comments that might make me look stupid. Thank you.

18. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I'd leave the kit on as well.

19. I'd yank that Continental kit so fast the paint would blister!

20. extremist

extremist

Cool car!
    It looks like the paint might be a little rough. From where I sit I'd be inclined to drive the hell out of it as it is. I'm not a fan of continental kits, but I would leave the side trim. Unless the paint is faded to nipple pink, I'd drive it until I had $$ for a good repaint, rather than primering it.
    That's just my opinion.

Give us some more info or more pics on the mechanicals/other interesting stuff.

21. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Too cool, I loved that car. I believe it was 2 tone, like a salmon and the marroon.

22. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

The money you get from selling that continental kit could go towards the repaint; those things are crazy expensive.

23. Thats one hellofa Driver, I wish my projects that I work hard on look that good.

24. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I could live with the continental kit gone, but that color is so nice. is the paint worse in person?

25. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

that's a badass ride, the 5th wheel looks ok, with a lil tweek'n it'd look better imo....

so i chopped it up....brought the bumper in a little closer to the body....not the best chop but you get the idea.

maybe even drop the 5th wheel down a few inches......

[​IMG]

26. shoebox72

shoebox72

I really wish the paintjob was as nice as it appears in the pictures. Not to knock anyone but you can tell not alot of time was spent on doing the mud work. Lots of waves & finger marks where the stainless was removed under the side windows & on the hood where the ornament holes were just muded over. I'll weld them up,not a big deal.

On the other hand there is alot of nice work done to the car also. Belive me I'm not all about making unnecessary work for myself at this point. I'm just taking a nice car & making it nicer with what I have..

The continental came off this morning. I think the car looks better perportioned because of the heavy chop with out it.

Billy

Attached Files:

27. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

From here it looks sweet (as is) but it is your ride you lucky shit.

28. Nice car, I would cruise it like it is. Looks good!

I would keep it a nice polish color, same color!

Can you post more pictures of it?

29. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

I hoping to get my merc chopped by him this spring