Register now to get rid of these ads!

my dream car & a rude awakening!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TEXASLadyKiller, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

LOL, Nah. I'm not pissed off. It's just that i have also been a victim of needless smart remarks when asking legitimate questions or making a legitmate comment on here and it is just rediculous. I'm fine, i just don't see the need in it, that's all. We all like different things. I don't bash others just because they like the color blue and i like the color red. That's all, just trying to make a point.

2. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

I still like the hearse. They're cool. Wehn I was in high school, me and this girl I was dating broke up, and her new boyfriend drove a yellow, late 60's Cadillac hearse with big and little solid spun aluminum rims, dual whip antennas, purple window tint, and side pipes. Had "MEAT WAGON" in big orange letters across the windshield and back window. Dont you know her daddy loved him? Might have even made me look better!

3. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

And take into consideration that this was only 9 or 10 years ago!

4. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

All very valid points, but I just wonder from previous experience how many of those johnny come latelies will still be around to say it in 10 years. Perhaps I should add this is coming from a guy whose 18-year-old son plays guitar in the band closing the Saturday night show at the next VLV.
    Paul

5. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

i get you, my point is if you weren't there in the beginning we are all wannabes really, music, cars, motorcycles, whatever

it's wannabes that stick with it (like us) that keep things going, guess the older i get the less they bother me. hell some of what seemed like the most hardcore guys from years ago are long since gone and yet i still see those same guys i thought were kooks then, wrenchin and strummin away today

6. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I suddenly feel the need to apologise to the original poster for taking this thread way off topic.Please don't close it on account of anything I've done, I'll shut the fuck up now.
    Paul

7. looooove it add suicide doors :)

i am ready to cut my 50 chev sedan delivery now for sure !
    at least add the rear qrtr window ..

8. suicide doors would be awesome, how about shortening the door opening a little and make it one big door ?

9. look closely and you can see casper looking out the window-no way!!

10. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

He pretty much ruined it when he did the frame swap . That was the first mistake they did to it .
    I think it would make a really kool looking gasser !

Retro Jim

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Its all right man....no one is doing it to offend..
    I really think the 16+ grand price tag on a ragged out POS is whats fueling the jest..
    I wouldnt lose any sleep over it..were just guys having fun..you do know how to have fun, right?..im sure no one ment anything hurtful
    if my comment hurt your pure sensibilities than let me know, I'll remove it to make you feel better...ok?

12. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

No need to keep on with this. I said my peace, made my point. No one's pure sensibilities are hurt. I only wanted to make a point.

13. slim tempo

slim tempo

I plan on riding in a hearse only once!

14. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

A few random and pointless thoughts on this subject........

When I was a young kid (mid to late '60s), my older brother was in a garage band, and he and most all of the garage bands wanted to find a hearse to haul their equipment in, because a. they were cheap, b. they were very roomy, and c. they helped define your "antiestablisment" image. I myself lusted after the '56 Cadillac ambulence that the local fire department auctioned off in the early '70s; it was a two door sedan delivery looking body, sort of a Caddy Nomad.

When I worked in a Mobil station in the early '80s, one of the regulars drove a '70 Pontiac hearse with Thrush sidepipes--Herman Munster would have been proud.

A quote from Little Richard: "Before I came along, a black man had to die to ride in a Cadillac in Georgia".

15. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Perfect Family Wagon!

16. badshifter

badshifter

Somehow Lady Killer, and my dream car is a hearse don't go together. Unless of course he literally IS a lady killer......

17. teddyp

teddyp

back in 1968 this was my hippie ride after i got out of the service paid a 100.00 bucks for it and drove for almost a year then sold it to a guy in ocean city md.

Attached Files:

• 0005.JPG
      0005.JPG
      File size:
      86.6 KB
      Views:
  18. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

Love yer old hearse, teddyp!

19. chopitdano

chopitdano

I don't mind hearses but that price I do mind. I always thought it would be cool to take a mid 50's caddy hearse and section out the middle doors, creating a caddy sedan delivery.
    I also agree that TV actions are washing out the blue collar enthusiast. Good iron will rust away due to illusions of grandeur.

20. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

ohh god i want that car.

but that FUCKING price! jesus fucking shit! did it haul elvis!?

21. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

hell, i love hearses.
    my mom drives a 77 buick hearse with a olds 403.

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That could explain the chassis mods...

23. 32Auburn

32Auburn
    from Oregon

Yeah, I thought it wasn't as bad owning an ambulance instead of a hearse. Then after I got mine I found felt squeegees on the bottom of all the back doors, I guess to keep the fluids in. Still like it though, no skulls, no spider webs (except real ones) and it won't be flat black. Most of the hearse people are pretty normal I think, check out the professional car website, not too many skulls there. I think the guy selling this one would be lucky to get $2000. Here's a pic of my ambulance.

Attached Files:

• amb1.jpg
      amb1.jpg
      File size:
      90.5 KB
      Views:
  24. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

NOTHING rides as smooth as a hearse. they ride nicer than a rolls royce.

and besides, nothing to be afraid of, nothing dies in a hearse, it's just a body transport.

people die in ambulances.. and usualy painfully.. so be squimish about them not hearses.

25. davidh73750

davidh73750

Now thats funny I dont care who you are.

26. A grave situation here. I would have thought you would be dieing to buy it. After reading the "hearse hate" debate , you guys are killing me. Someone should "plot" a way to get it. I think it has potential for a resa-wreck-tion. On a semi-seriuse note,nothing like working in a cemetary for a while to make you enjoy being alive. Been there, done that!

27. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I like flower cars (el camino/ ranchero style) but a hearse? a little dark, even for me.

28. a buddy did remove the center out of a 30's packard hearse made it sedan delivery size ... added a big block.. it works out quite well...

29. swbatt

swbatt

I like that! Mind if I use it? :D

30. orr this????

Attached Files: