Register now to get rid of these ads!

My day at the Ant Nats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Well I got My pile running the day before the Nats, (mind you I've not had a day off in a long time) so off to the drags We went, right a-way I found out that the shifter I built from spare parts was crap I found every thing but high gear including reverse at one hundred miles an hour, My best time was 13.20 at 103. Last year My truck would not run in high gear and this year I could not find high, damn-it I still had a good time, the high light of the day was being able to see Moldy, Jet Fuel and His buds, Jets pal Brian was hauling ass in His roadster turned make shift coupe, it was a nice day off for Me. Von Doc

Attached Files:

2. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Smokin the hydes

Attached Files:

3. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Here's My clunker in the lanes, that's Brains car right behind Mine. Von Doc

Attached Files:

4. Was samIam there...?

What were some of the best times run..., and in what type of cars..., with what drivetrain...??????? [​IMG]

Just curious...! [​IMG]

Mark

5. LIMEY

LIMEY

Glad you had a good time, it was pretty cool meeting you by accident on my way through from Paso & was good to see you run your car at the drags too.
    Kev.

6. Jet Fuel

Jet Fuel
    from SoCal, USA

You fucking rule, Doc.
    I'd pit with you and your merry crew any day.

Now quit tongue-jackin' the shit-box and git back to work:

[​IMG]

Now tell them the story about the 'gas pedal' problem. [​IMG]

-jf

7. Plowboy

Plowboy

Good to see that you are still at it!

I was beginning to wonder. [​IMG]

8. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

O-kay Jet, about that damn %#@*^@$ gas pedal, it's like this on the 4th pass ( and 1st bracket race pass) My size 13 puddle stomper slipped off the gas pedal, then I could not locate it so I had to look under the dash to find it, once found I nailed it to the bell housing( that's right bellhousing, cause the floor is not finished) but could not make up enuff ground on the car I was chas'in( that car got a 3 second head start on the lights) but it was great fun. Wingnutz, I was in the car most of the day and did'nt see much of the racing so I'm the wrong guy to ask. 32Limey, It was a blast meeting You over at My station, thanks again for the copy of Mad Fabicators, wish We could have had more time to shoot the breeze at the Nats. Well I'm off to the lab. Von Doc

9. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Cool to hear from the Good Doctor again! [​IMG]

Looks (and sounds!) like a killer time! Thanks for sharing!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hope the new biz is bein' good to ya!

10. I'll be running the strip by next year with my roadster and I'll probably miss everybodies numbers as well! [​IMG]

Racing is "Fun stuff"..., but you got to concentrate on what you're doing or you'll get into trouble!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]Mark [​IMG]