Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Alberta '52 F3 build.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by '52F3Nut, Feb 12, 2017.

1. '52F3Nut

'52F3Nut

Just a quick hello from an Albertan with a "new" truck I recently picked up a 1952 F3 and am planning on doing a restomod she has the original flathead V8 and 3 speed trans, the cab is in very good condition without any major rust problems, the box has a couple of patches needed and the floor replaced but overall it is in good shape, the front fenders have dollar bill sized holes that I'll need to patch and a few dents to straighten out. My plans are to rebuild/hop up the flathead engine and install an OD trans from a '51 -'53 Ford sedan or a T5 if I'm unable to locate the early one. The banjo rear end will need some attention as well (I'm thinking on getting a quick change unit) As for the rest of the truck I do want to retain the original looks but improve on the brakes and creature comforts as I would like to turn this into my daily during summer months. 9.JPG

Attached Files:

• 1JPG.JPG
      1JPG.JPG
      File size:
      66.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      54.6 KB
      Views:
  2. ZAPPER68

ZAPPER68
    from BC

Welcome aboard... there are a great bunch of guys (& gals) here that have a wealth of knowledge and willing to share it. Where in AB are you located? I used to live up in Grande Prairie back in the late 70's - early 80's.

3. Hello and Welcome To The H.A.M.B. Enjoy Your Ride!!!!

4. '52F3Nut

'52F3Nut

I live about 30 Km from Maskwacis (Hobbema) just off the 822. For those that don't know the area I'm also close to Ponoka. and thanks for the welcomes.

5. 63unibodyfan

63unibodyfan

6. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I dated an Alberta once. Glad she wasn't as big as the Canadian Tundra.

7. '52F3Nut

'52F3Nut

Ok so I'm deciding which way to go with this old girl, she looks tough but is relatively solid so my choices are to build it pretty much stock, restomod it, hopped up or heavily modified. I haven't crawled under it to check the frame as it is now sitting in "Lake Clarke" (my yard). My thoughts on it are as follows (1) "stock" completely stock aside from where I am unable to get original parts (rear brake drums for it) as well as the RH5 rims. (widowmakers which I have no idea as to who will even attempt putting new rubber on them), along with fresh paint. (2) "Restomod" pretty much stock engine, new 5 speed trans and rear diff, front hubs to match F150 rear end, disk brakes up front and dual circuit master cylinder, along with 12 volt upgrade, possible power windows, and again paint. (3) "Hopped up" get a 289/302/351, replace the rest of the drive train, lower it, improve "creature comfort" items, such as AC, power windows etc, and again paint. (4) "heavily modified" I also have an '84 Dodge W150 318/4 speed 4X4 that the body is very rough and the F3 might look good on the frame.

8. Donald Clifton

Donald Clifton

I just purchased a 52 M3 mercury from Canada. I haven't received it yet but kind of want to restore it also. The flat Head is seized but I'm going to try a little marvel misery oil.
    Thanks for the post
    Don

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Welcome from B.C.