Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 59 impala build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gallogiro, May 3, 2012.

1. gallogiro

gallogiro

2. gallogiro

gallogiro

3. gallogiro

gallogiro

4. gallogiro

gallogiro

5. gallogiro

gallogiro

6. gallogiro

gallogiro

this is taking tooo damn long, i didnt want to post the link i tried to copy and move it to this site but didnt want to step on toes doing it i know its not respecting the fourm posting a link to another forum, but want to post my build on here cause it can help alot of you with your builds. so heres the link (sorry) off the other site, i will continue here from the last post

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/29-project-rides/306336-1959-impala-christine.html

7. gallogiro

gallogiro

the last half of the topic has alot of very useful tech and DIY stuff, from the last post on there i will continue it here i hope it helps some of you guys

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Man, you gotta upload the pics, it's too hard to click on each one of them and I really want to see it, I'm building a 59 El Camino right now, I love 59 Chevys.

9. gallogiro

gallogiro

yea im really sorry, click on this link and youll see pics. it can help you with your 59 elco its pretty much the same thing. im building all on my own, from the ground up but not frame off. again sorry for posting other forum link, from the last post on there ill continue it here with pictures that will pop up on the screen you wont have to click to see it

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/29-project-rides/306336-1959-impala-christine.html

10. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

looks like a very solid place to start, love the shot of the 1/2' stub still sticking up.
    keep us posted on the build

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I clicked on it, lotsa good info, why all the bondo, it makes no sense. All the best and welcome.

12. chaddilac

chaddilac

This before the image address [​IMG]

Just add these to the post by editing it, and paste these before and after the image link and it'll come up in the post!!

Or when you put a image in, use the little square button that looks like a mountain and sun.

13. gallogiro

gallogiro

i have absolutely no clue, the metal was so good under it. it came from arizona. the thread is about 25 pages but right in the middle i show how to polish your own trims both aluminum and stainless and get a chrome finish, and the last 6 pages from like 19 to 25 has alot of work i did in the last month when i got it back very useful info

14. gallogiro

gallogiro

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Use the bottom IMG line off of Photobucket to post photos rather then the direct HTTP line and they will show if your album is public.

17. gallogiro

gallogiro

thanks, ill do that now ill continue that build from that last page on that other fourm. and thanks nads, once you paint yours its pretty much all smooth sailing from there. 59nomad, yea i have no idea why so much bondo was used, but helped me in the long run it sealed the metal for all the years it was neglected.

no progress this week, 5 de mayo weekend and i partied it up. bad experience going to tijuana. got screwed by cops twice and some of us were arrested and got robbed for a total of 400 bucks by them. stay out of tj, fuck that place, fucken cops and officials are dirtier than the criminals. progress next weekend ill post pics

18. hemifarris

hemifarris

Please post photos when you learn how to........thanks, Mike

19. gallogiro

gallogiro