Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My '54 Ford makes it to the RELIX RIOT!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nowaxn5, Aug 28, 2012.

1. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Better late than never. TONS 'O PICS, SCROLL DOWN!

So the progress on rebuilding the Cadillac is going slow. Between work, kids and chores around the house, time for working on the Coupe Deville seems to be limited at best. As the Caddy sits now;
    [​IMG]

Well, it stinks not having a ride when all the guys are cruising and I'm sporting a mini-van. Time to change that. I found a pretty fair deal on a '54 Ford with some potential.

[​IMG]

Ugly as it sits, it should be an easy fix. Some Firestones on original 15x5's with Lancers, three inch blocks out back, and an exhaust manifold to replace the one on it now that's cracked in half. Finding the manifold turned out to be a chore and I had to buy a complete engine. Such is life. For some reason Muffin Top comes to mind when I look at it. Maybe because the proportions seem a bit squatty and tall on top. Dunno, but it stuck.

[​IMG]

Two weeks later and voila, (except the Lancers are still on the wall, not sure if they're going on or not)
    [​IMG]

It's got Olds tail lights, frenched head lights, was nosed and decked, reupholstered pleats on the seats and door panels and sprayed a crazy blue back in '91. The original 223 was rebuilt a year ago by the PO and it came with a 292 that was rebuilt back in '91, but has sat ever since.

Well, my goal was to have something to take the family to the Relix Riot at the Gilmore Car Museum. We had a coulpe of snags getting there but we nothing we couldn't handle. I've got a buddy we owns an exhaust shop and had the shop do some work hanging the exhaust from the manifold back. They got a little excited when hanging the muffler and hung it a little too tight. Lets just say the back floor got a little heated. Also had a fuel issue, not sure if it was vapor lock or a vacuum leak but I took everything apart and then back together again and alls well.

The show was good and the Gilmore is amazing. If you've never been there you really are missing out. Sorry about the doubles and the randomness but here's 91 pics for your viewing pleasure!

Shameless
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  2. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

More pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    notice how many plugs!
    [​IMG]

3. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

4. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

and more...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and a few for sale...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I LOVED this Ranchero
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. NAS Backyard

NAS Backyard
    from Lodi CA

Lot's of nice rides! Thanks for sharing!

6. Square One

Square One

Nice Ford!

Awesome photos.
    Thanks for giving me the feeling of being there.

7. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Here's the last few
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last but not least... my fam getting ready to head out
    [​IMG]

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a nice batch of photos and a few Hamber's cars in the mix. Thanks for sharing.

9. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Thanks for the compliment and actually there was quite a few HAMBer's in attendance. I couldn't think of a better place for a show than the Gilmore.

I know Coolstuff was there so look for some video coverage from him

10. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Awesome ! Thank you!

11. The Riot is a great show .

I had blast again this year and met a few new folks from the HAMB. Also hung out with all the usual suspects.

The last 2 years I have taken my black '34 5-window. Next year I'll be sportin' a new black '32 5-window. Be sure to stop by and say hello.

12. Cortney

Cortney

I'm digg'n your 54!

13. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Daddy'O,
    I'll have to keep an eye out for your '32 and introduce myself. It seems I see one of your cars every year at the Autorama but I guess I'm not sure what you look like. Maybe I should make it a bigger priority to make the meet and greet this year.

14. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Thanks Cortney!

15. I'm planning to debut the new '32 in the basement at Autorama next year. Check out the build thread here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727871.

As far as what I look like, I'm kind of a cross between George Clooney and Tom Cruise in a Norwell shirt. :rolleyes::D

I love what you have done with the '54. It doesn't take much to make a nice mild custom out of 'em. I kind of miss my old Vicky.

I was totally digging on that '54 2 door wagon at Gilmore - way cool.

16. The 54 is a really nice little ride - I never really liked the early 50s Fords but they have started to grow on me as of late. My buddy has a 53 coming together and with yours, my opinion of these cars is changing rather quickly!

Thanks for the pics of the show - sounds/looks like one I need to put on my bucket list!

17. Thanks for taking the time to post all the photos!

Your '54 Ford looks great. HRP

18. Thanx for the pics!!! and great 54!!

19. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

All right Daddy-O, I'll be looking around the basement for Tom Clooney then!

Glad you guys like the pics and thanks for the compliments on the '54

20. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

TomT, the Riot is a great show but the Gilmore is worth being on your bucket list in it's own right. I didn't include pics from inside the museum's barns but the cars inside are amazing. Here's their website; www.gilmorecarmuseum.org

Thanks again for looking

21. killbilly

killbilly

Great job,man,thanks tor takin the time.The 54 looks cool,the Caddy is gonna look really cool.Several of my friends were there,I on the other hand had to work,somebody's gotta support all the old retired bastards I hang out with!

22. twofisted

twofisted

Sweet pics Jerbear!!!

23. 343w

343w

Nice 54, and great pictures, Thanks!