Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 48 DODGE needs help!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by APACHERACING, May 14, 2008.

1. So we have this cool 48 that is tons of fun to drive, but the starter just went south on my last week. It is a flat head 6 all stock and 6 volt system. Where can I get a starter for this very cool ride. PLEASE HELP ME,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks HAMBERS,,,,YER THE BEST. [​IMG]

2. AD

AD

you can always get one of those rebuilt, no big deal, just call some alternator/starter places if not just an automotive shop,, but shop around, find a deal,, prolly run you around 100 or so

3. George

George

Try the usual resto types Kanter, Bernbaum, Robert Motor Parts, NAPA

4. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Yep, Find a rebuild shop.

5. Have no idea where you are besides "in the shop"""I have one here in Texas
    I'll give you..You pay [email protected] PMs

6. Sorry for the delay, but we will get in touch with you about the starter. Thanks, Any one else have anything for a starter??????

7. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Two things happen to these starters . the brushes and the springs hold them in their slots wear, and the end bushings wear oval allowing the armeture to drag on the field coils. Either are a cheap quick fix. Are you sure it isn't the solenoid????

8. jleavesl

jleavesl
    from Houston