Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 35 Ford pk up driveable at last

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bri69, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Hi Guy`s Finally got my 36/35 Ford truck driveable. I have fitted a 35 truck grill shell, hood & sides, 283 SBC, 350 turbo slushbox, Camaro rear axle, TCI Mustang front suspension & paralell rear leaf spring kit. Just got the pk up bed to paint , Fender`s & running boards will be black. I would like to thank all the Hamber`s who have helped me with info on this build up I sure wish this site had been around when I built my 32 Ford 5 window Coupe in the 60`s, also a special thanks to the guy`s on the HAMB 35/37 Pk Up site, they are a great bunch. Check my pics out.......Cheer`s.... Santa Fe Bri..:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  2. 41 C28

41 C28

Looks good. Is the cab color gray or blue?

3. The color is a Grey with a slight blue tinge, straight out the can. No kandy color mix..........

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know how hard it is to get a rod on the road over there, congratulations.
    Now use it and abuse it!!:p

Doc.:D

5. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

So are you taxed & tested with that good-looking truck? ;)

6. Nice Job - Looks great. Love the gas can strapped to it, they aren't real hot rods unless they have had a gas can or two bungee corded on them at one time or another. Cheers

7. Hi Ernie, Did you get your rad sorted out on your ol 35 truck. Regarding your question on my 35, I will be on the road next spring I have only driven down my Close & I have to fit the pk up bed & fender`s/running board`s then get a U.K. Reggy . Few more Pics of truck plus "The Over the Hill Gang" they help me with the heavy work, the lad`s ain`t got a clue about Roddin. We ride the back country lanes of Lincolnshire on our Classic Brit sickles mostly Triumph`s..........Bri

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  8. jfrolka

jfrolka

Very cool, love these little 35-7 pickups.

9. Yeah, they are the best & very unique to the U.K. Ive built a 33 Ford truck & this is my 2nd 35 truck, I get a real buz working on early Ford`s..........:D

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  10. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Bri - I did - Kempston Rads in Bedfordshire. Nice job, fair price, quick turn-around. Sold the '36 before I left in May though. :(

11. That`s great, Im glad you got it sorted out be for you left the U.K......Cheer`s Bri

12. mow too much

mow too much

Thats great Bri, I'll start back on mine when/if the weather cools down, this will be day 57 over one hundred....................but its still better than the cold.;)

13. Hi Bruce, Could do with some of your weather....Haven`t done much lately on my 35. Ive been riding a lot with my biker mates, we`re all going to a 40`s do in Sept one of the lad`s will be riding his Triumph TRW army bike. there are 3 Lincolnshire villages that act out the WW2 people get dressed in period costumes, American GI`s. R.A.F. Limey`s, Sailors , German`s & lot`s of Jeep`s & 6 wheel GMC`S. They run a period single deck bus from village to village & a full size steam train on the preserved railway, there will be a dance in the evening at the village hall with all the old Glen Miller music on & also jiving all day in the market place. There will also be a Lancaster/ Spitfire & DC3 fly over. Hope the weather will be good to us. Couple of pics from last year ...........Bri:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  14. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

There is an article in todays news about the Belgiums and the big WWII re-enactments they stage.

15. My mate John Ford took his AMPHIP. Jeep to a Belgian WW2 reunion with his mate Kes from Pensy USA they had a great time.... When I look at these great Jeep`s, I can`t believe in 1960 10 of us guy`s went on our summer hols to Cornwall in a WW2 Jeep.... 4 in the front & 6 in the back. We did over 1000mls & it never missed a beat., you Guy`s built em good,...God we must of been skinny . Great times.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  16. Real nice, great job!
    I've been following the build over at the 35-37 truck sub board!

17. Roothawg

Roothawg

Congrats Bri.

18. Thank you guy`s for all your comments, will post more pics when my Hafton is registered........Cheer`s Bri.....:D

19. Mart

Mart

Hello Bri. Great progress on the truck - look forward to seeing it out and about next year. The Jeep shot is a corker - and the one of you and your helpers.
    Your old 34 truck is owned by my mate Mark, just a couple of miles down the road from me. I see it at all the local shows and many further afield too.

Mart.

20. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

21. Well done, sir!

It looks like a lot of fun!!

22. Nice. Gotta love making a truck drivable.

23. very nice..... I got a real soft spot for 35 pickups

24. sololobo

sololobo

Congrats mate, looks just great. Love the subtle tu-tone, very tasty. I have always thought these trucks are a excellent body style. My pal Roy here in Omaha, Ne. has a cool one. Note the Harley taillights on the truck. ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

25. Hi I like the pic of Roy`s truck with the sickle in the pk up bed . I hope to take my 49 Triumph Trophy to a few shows in the back of my 35 hauler. They were made for each other...:D

26. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Great hauler for old bikes! ;)

Attached Files:

27. Just fitted the pk up bed & lowered the rear axle, truck should be finished this summer..........:D[​IMG]

28. fleet-master

fleet-master

Nice lorry Bri69 looks like you've got the stance dead on. the way those rear wheels are fittin in the mudguards (wings?) couldn't be better.:)

love the Triumph too btw :)

29. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

looks great! my favorite vintage.

30. mow too much

mow too much

Bri it's looking great!! When it warms up you'll have a hard time trying to decide to drive the truck or the bike..........I guess you can load the bike in the back and have the best of both worlds. When I get my truck done I may look around for a Triumph, I have been wanting one for awhile.............''looking for adventure'' not that I'm born to be wild.;)