Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 32 Ford coupe... VS woman with cell phone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Standard32, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Deuces

Deuces

I'd love to email this thread to all the cell phone companies... Maybe they'll get the drift...

2. GaryC.

GaryC.

That is a heartbreaking sight.
    The world is filled with dummies; and growing exponentially.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

When I read about cell phone asshats or see them on the road I think of odd uses for pool cues and baseball bats. Bob

4. Glad to see that it wasnt as bad as i expected.In New Zealand its now illegal to talk or txt on a cell phone while driving, i still see it happening every day.JW

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've had people tell me, "I called you, but you didn't answer." When I tell them I waited to pull over, I'll get a look of confusion and mystery. Like, how do you not know how to talk on a phone and drive at the same time.

Honestly, in the world we live in, it's going to take a group of kids getting run over and killed, in order for something to be done. Not one in an isolated incident, but a group at a cross walk. That's a sad thing and I don't want it to come to that, but history has proven that humans don't give a damn unless a lot of lives get wasted in one swell swoop.

Sad testament to the world we live in.

6. hudson48

hudson48

Saw a show recently on road safety and interviewing a young girl who just had her licence.Her parents installed software in the car that will not allow the phone to work while the car is moving and secondly it is also hooked into a pre-determined speed limit.The parent decides she can not go over say 45mph.If she does the software send an text message to the parents phone to advise them the driver has exceeded the limit.

Then also saw one just in the past 2 weeks where the girl got her licence and was allowed to drive to the shops for the first time unaccompanied.She was killed on that first solo drive and was texting at the time of the accident.

7. I would like to think us old curmudgeons are not guilt of texting while driving,,heck I don't even talk on the phone while driving!

I don't know what it's gonna take the get the population in general to stop doing this,,someone that is constantly in the public eye and extremely high profile is going to be killed because of someones lack of concentration to make the government wake up,,it's a epidemic.

I'm afraid the cell phone company s have opened Pandora's box and the lid has been lost. HRP

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yesterday, I'm cruising down Washington Ave.

So, I roll up next to him and lo and behold, he's not on a cell phone, he's wearing a full on radio headset! The kind you use with a home stereo! And he's rocking his head without a care in the world. I start yelling to get his attention and he finally notices me. I yell, asking him what the hell he's doing. He's still looking like he's clueless. I tell him he almost hit me. His response, 'What's the fucking problem? Don't you have insurance.":mad:

So, yea, be careful out there. The hell with zombies, distracted drivers will kill us all.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->[/QUOTE]

I see that Texas doesn't have a law like number 2 on this list. It might be time to push for one just to nail the idiots who do get into or cause wrecks wearing sound system headphones.
    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.37.480

You see some scary shit out there. The other morning at 03:45 on the way to work I was following a car doing about ten under the speed limit and swerving a bit who was also flashing his brights at a train on the track beside US 97 to get it to dim it's three headlights. When you are too impaired to know you are meeting a train that is 200 ft off to the right of you you are too impaired to drive.