Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '32 ford coupe found it's way back home after 56 years

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hapydz, May 16, 2013.

1. Son, Myles finished up the final inspirational rendering for the '32. I'm really pleased with the way it all turned out. Thanks Myles. ( I will remember you in my will....... ;-)
    \'32 Final Final Final.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

Amazing story!

Hapydz likes this.
  3. That's great, but there ain't no dying allowed buddy. Wrench on !!

Hapydz likes this.
  4. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Son, Myles did a marvelous job on the rendering of your 32. Now to get it looking just like that in real life and you will be smiling so wide......:D:):p:cool:.......as will a lot of other people when they get to see it done.

Hapydz likes this.
  5. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement !!!! If I can sell the Ghost Rider Roadster this year, it will make the '32 project proceed with much more vigore !!!! We can only hope... :) 1927-ford-roadster-rear-thre-quarter.jpg

Tman and jangleguy like this.
  6. Slopok

Slopok

Little did you know back then that you would somehow help to preserve the grille for this very day. Maybe not so dumb after all, considering what they cost today.

Hapydz likes this.
  7. I recently wrote the lady that was kind enough to sell the car back to me to give her an update on the '32 . I gave her the link to this thread . The following is part of her reply..." Thanks so much for the update. Went onto the site and was astounded at all the wonderful comments. The '32 is is good hands and I am so happy that you have it back. The pics of the work done on it are great and I wait in anticipation for more. It warms my heart to know that it means so much to you."
    This just shows what a kind person she is...

MD 17.jpg

8. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

And this was very kind of you to share the link with her so she can witness the revival of your first car. ;)

Atwater Mike, embyman68 and Hapydz like this.
  9. This story has kept me enthralled since day one! It's every car nut's dream. Plus, you've done a terrific job of presenting it.

When is the movie coming out?:cool:

Hapydz likes this.
  10. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Absolutely, but my first car wasn't near so cool :rolleyes:

Hapydz likes this.
  11. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

If I were a rich man, it would have a home here in London

Hapydz likes this.
  12. Thank you all for the kind words !!! I know that the coupe is out in my shop but I find this whole adventure is a little surreal. I can't think of a better way to complete one's passion for messing about with old cars. I do enjoy posting and sharing thoughts and progress regarding the '32 with you here on the HAMB and your responses make it all that much more enjoyable for me. Thank you :) 1st 32 2.jpg

13. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

That is just too cool...nice pictures!

Hapydz likes this.
  14. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

What a great adventure!! The story made more intriguing by the wonderful photographs.
    I like to think that our story is special, but it can't match whats going on here.
    My DW's Maternal Grandmothers first new car.
    [​IMG]

Keep the updates coming.:cool:

Hapydz likes this.
  15. chopmerc32

chopmerc32

Attached Files:

Hapydz likes this.
  16. chopmerc32

chopmerc32

Great story 32 ford 5 window's are great, i found min in 68 but it took month's to buy it. The fellow just
    didn't want to sale. I finally bought it for 250.00, and am still driving it. Just could never let go of it. Con grads on the return of your car.

Attached Files:

Hapydz likes this.
  17. First time I've read this post thread - really cool! I too have been blessed in regards to having never lost my original car - I was fortunate to have a place to store it all those years I was "busy" with other things (like Corvettes!). I'm 55 now and so glad that Joe Reath sat me down and explained to me why I should never sell my 34 Ford (I was about 16 at the time). I'm glad I listened and that God blessed me more than a bit!

Can't wait to see you get your car back on the road - it will be an awesome day!

JP55 and Hapydz like this.
  18. Detroit Side shot.jpg
    Larry, the roadster has been accepted so we will be in Toronto with it right after Detroit. Really looking forward to March as it should be a fun month ! Hope to see you there.

19. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

Hapydz,

Is there a build thread on that beautiful Roadster??

That is a sooper'ster!!

Bob

Hapydz likes this.
  20. 56 pickupman

56 pickupman

I started reading this evening and just couldn't stop. This is so great, I am very happy for you,your wife and also the women you got it back, I bet it make her feel good too.

Bob

Hapydz likes this.
  21. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Ron, That is good news that you will be at the Toronto show, it will be good to see you again. Larry

Hapydz likes this.
  22. Roadsir

Roadsir

Your son has some talent. The artwork looks great. Keep the updates coming. Hope to see your in person when its done.

Hapydz likes this.
  23. I was just thinking....Wouldn't this be a perfect project for Chip Foose along with Ford using the new the Ford eco-Boost V-6 engine. Feel free to use your connections and pass this thread on to the powers that be...... Ford's Past meets the Future.........;)

24. Finally picked up the Vintique rad cap and trim from the USA Border Store today Rad Cap 3.jpg and now I can finish opening up the filled hole in the shell. It's hard for me at this age, to see why this beautiful part was digarded for the smooth look that was all the rage back in the day.

25. 56 pickupman

56 pickupman

Sure is funny how we look at things in our old age. Bob

Hapydz likes this.
  26. Had to read this again. This is the stuff dreams are made of.

Mikel50 and Hapydz like this.
  27. I found this photo in one of my albums the other day.... I would hope that my '32 turns out as nice as this one. It certainly has the look that I admire... JORDAN 1.jpg

okndnx and JP55 like this.
  28. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

That is a very fine look to aspire toward ;)

Hapydz likes this.
  29. titus

titus

Is that Jordans old coupe?