Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 26t Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by langy, May 22, 2008.

1. Jalopy Journalist

Jalopy Journalist
    from Austin, TX

I understand. To me, your paint makes the parts like they are made of porceline. It is really cool.

2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks I like it too.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

3. Bilt

Bilt

WOW!!! Very cool build....attention to detail at its very best!!!!

4. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks, glad your enjoying it

5. Thanks for posting, Langy.I've been admiring your T's mock-up ever since it popped up on here. You're leaving it tall?

6. Oh man this is going to look so cool!

Mike :cool:

7. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks, Yeah its staying tall as i'm 6ft tall and there isn't a massive amount of room in them anyways. Its fairly low though.

8. n847

n847

This engine is art! Truely inspiring!

9. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Hey now...I'm 6'3" and even with 7.5" removed from the top, there is WAY more room than my ol' stock height A P/U....:D

Lookin' great Langy!

10. 60 ford

60 ford

Truly awesome build cant wait to see more pictures.

11. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks man. appreciate your comments.

12. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Now thats interesting mate, I assumed if i chopped it getting in & out would be tricky as i'm getting older now :(
    I must say i like the goofy tall look and this is never gonna be a pretty car just goofy.

13. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks dude, your build is looking great too, i've been watching it

14. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

It was a looong time i didnt check this thread, totally forgot about it! the engine is awesome, i wish one day i'll have a mill half as nice as yours! Top job.

15. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks mate, it's looking more like a complete motor now so will take some pics

16. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Yeah...I'm sure I'll have bruised knees from the steering wheel and bonk my head...small price to pay.....;):D

17. n847

n847

you promised pics...

18. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Come on!!! Pics!!

19. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Incredible workmanship! Please keep posting your progress.

20. Peeps

Peeps
    from UK

Whew, just finished the epic start to finish read of the T build! Been lurking on your Willys build for a while... I had to register to say "wow", lovely workmanship, and even better, lovely workmanship with a real eye to design. Thanks for sharing your build!

21. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the thumbs up its appreciated, Got back on this over xmas so hope to post pics very soon.

22. Hey Langy, where abouts "north of London" are you?? I'm in the UK for a few days at the end of Jan, staying in Halesowen in the Black Country, if you were anywhere close(ish) would it be cool to come have a look at the build? Cheers from NZ, Kevin

23. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I'm only 15 miles north of London mate, I think where you will be staying is about 110 miles away.

24. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Well with the willys tucked up for the winter i managed to get back onto this project, been doing bits on it over the last couple of months but nothing worth posting, a lot of the time has been taken up in machining and porting & polishing the heads, they are away being bead blasted and then i can paint them.
    The short motor is now together but i didn't take any pics as it boring stuff like gapping the rings etc etc.
    Brief rundown of the spec is smoothed and polished crank, MTS H beam rods that were polished & shot peened and magnafluxed and fitted with ARP bolts, Pistons are KB hypereutetic and give 9.5-1 CR, Rings are Total Seal moly plasma. All were fully balanced.

I picked up a new water pump and removed all the various lumps & bumps and generally smoothed it all off, Then it got 2 coats of black Epoxy primer and 3 coats of 2K Moneyshot colour.

The steel shaft stub of the water pump boss stuck out slightly so a small rounded cover was added to the cover plate, only a small thing but it looks a lot tidier now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and i made an interior mirror stalk to match the door mirrors, just needs a quick polish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  25. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I didn't think i had taken any pics of the heads but found these on my I phone so excuse the quality.

What I started with, pretty crusty !!!

[​IMG]

After blending & fettling

[​IMG]

With a coat of rattle can primer to see how they look

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The heads have had a lot of work comprising of a full port and polish of the ports, chambers & valve throats, Also the pushrod holes have been opened up to 5/8" for the thicker pushrods and bigger valves fitted with uprated valve springs and teflon stem seals.
    The AIR ports have been drilled and blocked off with NPT pipe plugs to avoid tubelence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Noland

Noland

looking very nice, glad to see you working on this again.

27. Work4it

Work4it

Wow, stainless, I have not had the best of luck with stainless. I would not have even tried to use hole saws, great job! I made a stainless part for a car a long time ago and made a rookie mistake, I used a carbon steel wire wheel on it. It looked great until it got wet the first time and started to rust.

28. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great to see some updates! You are just killing it man! That engine is indeed, truly inspirational!!!

29. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Noland.

30. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks mate, stainless isn't hard to work with really, its an old wives tale, you just need use the right tools for the job and run them at the right speed etc etc.