Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1st build - '30 sedan/'32 chassis - UPDATE 11/12/13 PROJECT COMPLETE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskoolrodder, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

This is an absolutely beautiful build. Excellent work, fabrication and engineering. I'd love to see this car in person. I'm beyond impressed!!!!

2. Man,I love this car,my only complaint is that ugly arse electric fan. HRP

3. This is one kook old skool rod in the making! Way to go. This really entertained and inspired me.

4. nuthead

nuthead
    from Alpine,CA

Looks Awesome! Maybe instead of white do an off white or beige would look good too.

5. grander

grander

Super work and I love the car!

6. Photos didn't come out so well, will update tomorrow. I actually went with Wimbleton white. Which is an off white. Hard to tell in those pics I know.

7. Thanks... Down here in the south we need all the air flow we can get. When the grille shell insert goes on it will not be so noticeable.

8. NealinCA

NealinCA

I think the white looks great! Nice car, looking forward to seeing it completed.

Neal

9. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

10. ok... got a little more completed this weekend. After the ordeal with the painter I decided to go after the parts I left behind and paint them myself. I haven't fully decided to leave the grille shell the same color as the body (painter screw up) but, after seeing it on the car I kind of like it. I may still pull it and spray it black as I initially wanted it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I need to repaint the tranny cover black.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    quickrack-alan likes this.
  11. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

It's good to see the frame and body painted different colours for once.

12. Car is looking great. Can't wait to see it completed. Ever think about doing the grill in white?

13. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

Damn, that is one hot tudor! Personally, I'd be awfully tempted to leave the grill the maroon color. The black on the radiator does come thru the grill bars making the grill appear to be a darker shade of maroon which gives it some contrast as is. For some one who claims to be attempting a ground up old skool build you've not only knocked it out of the park but set the bar a little higher for the guys that have been building them. Keep up the good work.

14. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

15. 28-31

28-31

very well done!

16. Besty34

Besty34

Just read the whole thread - fantastic thanks for sharing - your sedan looks stunning

17. Thank you guys, very much appreciated

18. finished paint work on my dash and got it installed today. Also, put rear hatch lid in car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  19. All these parts coming together are turning
    out something really sweet!

20. Brucekoukalaka

Brucekoukalaka
    BANNED

Damn nice car... I only hope I can get one of my vehicles to look half that nice!!!

21. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Wow that's sweeeet, well done.

Scotty

22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I'll add my BZ, too. Nice work. Gary

23. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Beautiful! I love it, you have a great eye for what is "right".....and skills to execute it too.

Expect lots of questions from people about those E&J's.

24. Man that looks beautiful all assembled, can't wait to see it with the interior installed. Just a shame the pusher fan is visible but its a small price to pay to keep it cool.

25. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

just keeps getting better and better

26. Yeah completely agree... 100 degrees F here and we haven't even hit our hottest month yet... thanks! getting closer

27. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

Looks beautiful ! You've done an incredible job! I have to ask, since the start of the thread you've had at least 3 nice different cars beside it in your garage. Collection?

28. 3 cars, 3 harleys, Kawi KZ 50 from his youth. Ford Raptor and racing riding lawnmower .

Attached Files:

29. its a Kawasaki KV75 thank you. no wife or kids just toys.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  30. my uncle collects cars. I had a '28 pickup when I started this build. Sold it, it went to Canada. I bought a '41 pickup to replace it with (had more room). Sold it to finish paying for this build. The Vette is my uncles. I do work on them for him.

The red and white apache you are referring to had a freshly built 350 motor in it. My uncle said if I swapped the motor with the tired 350 I had I could have the motor but, I had to sell the truck once I had it back up and running. It went to New York.