Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1960 Comet

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by justadream, Jun 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. justadream

justadream
    from Vermont

Hi everyone, I havent been on here for a couple years but im back now and would like all your opinions, good bad ugly, on this Comet I picked up. I traded this guy a nice 75 Corvette roller with perfect frame and birdcage, t tops, NO MOTOR, TRANS, INTERIOR AT ALL including dash or gauges, center consol, exrta front fenders hoods and boxes of parts inside the car. Anyways, here are some pics I took yesterday when I got it here, it even has original keys for doors, trunk and ign and all work really smooth, thought that was pretty cool. Its going to need floors but rockers are ALL their, perfect doors, front fenders, a little rot on the lower rear quarters, NO rot in the trunk, even unibody is solid with just some scale. Now my plan for this car is to build a gasser out of it but what I DIDNT know, is that it was a unibody. I know this can be done but I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction on what, how, where to cut the unibody or what to weld to it. Does anybody have some good pics in a build? Any help would greatly be appreciated. I wont be able to start this project to soon as we are looking for a new house right and dont want to start it then have to move it in pieces. My girlfriend is the one that got approved and she wants me to have a nice heated 2 car garage for my projects, how sweet is she for thinking of me like that, haha, but until I get started, I will post up some pics for you people to start tearing apart with comments, till then, thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

duplicate topic thread - move these pics to your other thread - then delete this thread