Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1959 Ford F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Mar 19, 2010.

1. "streetable" is open to interpretation :p

Nice truck ya got there, had a '59 in high school, learned the difference between hydraulic lifters and solid lifters with that poor thing...I still miss it.

2. johnboy13

johnboy13

It didn't seem to me that he got outta line. He only asked what overspray had to do with it. Maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive.

3. Yeah I've always been a fan of loapy cams....I have to have one! lol

4. Hey nice score man.. sure you don't want a Y in it? I have a spare that needs a rebuild :D.. does this mean the Olds is on the back burner for now?

5. That's what I was thinking. Ease off on the kid.

6. Don't give all your parts away Dustin, you still need to get yours running. :p

7. RDR

RDR

Jon, don't use wheel adapters...if you want steel wheels there are lots out there for pu...probably cheaper than adapters.....are the tires on it bad?...radials will drive out good if that's what's on it...could drill the wheel/tap holes and run 15"moon discs like i did on the 52 Olds with aluminum hurricane wheels...I might even have a set you could run...

8. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Nice purchase!

Later, Bill

9. The Olds was sold a couple months ago. Yeah Randy the front tires are bad...was thinking moons with whitewall tires....I don't know yet. And i would consider the Y-block but don't have money and just wanna get it running....thanks though

10. johnboy13

johnboy13

Steel wheels from any ford truck up until they went metric (late 80's?? early 90's??) will fit, you can get them at any junk yard for $25-$50 a piece depending on where you go or who you know.

11. Yeah there is a huge Vintage Junkyard like 2 miles from my house, only open on week days....and it's been raining cats and dogs and cold. Today it's warm but the junkyard is probably muddy

12. hershambob

hershambob

nice truck,i just got a 59 too,its on its way to england right now,cheers bob

13. Oh cool, be sure to post pics when you get it

14. CRUZN60

CRUZN60

Cool Truck. It sounds like you know what you want to do with it.
    GO FOR IT!

Attached Files:

15. Hey thanks for the pic, was wondering what moons would look like on whitewalls on these trucks! are they screw on or snap on? I've heard that snap ons don't work or something

16. Hello All, got my Moon Discs from Randy (thanks Randy, will give you the tires next time your down)and last weekend I bought a resin skull shifter knob from FRITZ....

17. Well it's time for an update: Bought a 75 Volare front clip, rear axle and springs, slave and master cylinder and tilt steering column all for $125 from a friend at a swap meet today. Gonna put the engine in the truck with the stock suspension and drive it this summer, then this winter we will tear it apart and do all the suspension and column and new paintjob.....YES!!!!

18. madgrinder

madgrinder

Volare clip fits the fridge very well. Good job!

I put mine in 2" forward of the original axle centerline so the wheels would fit ahead a bit in the fenders (not important unless you really slam it).

edit: just saw you got the rear axle too... great score!!!

19. Thanks, do you have any pics of when you did that? or measurements on where you notch the frame.

20. madgrinder

madgrinder

No pics... I'm a moron sometimes. Mine was a '57 big-window... Volare clip, flipped rear axle with frame notches, cab and front clip sectioned 3" to match the bed-height, roof area sectioned to eliminate the "visor" over the windshield. Lincoln Premiere taillights in hand-fabbed "fin-lets". I laid the tailgate forward between the fins like a Chevy wagon with the latch on the inside.

I had a '69 351C 4-barrel engine, C6 trans with a tailshaft-mounted 32" Gennie shifter, and a 9" Lincoln Versailles diff to give me four-wheel discs.

It was a nice truck. I traded it to the Snap-On man to clear my $6,000 account before we moved up here from Florida.

21. DAMN, That sounds cool!!!

22. Well me and grandpa got the motor sitting in the engine bay, no motor mounts....did have some that would be perfetc but can't find them (Dammit!) So now we have to make some....we didn't even unbolt the hood when we dropped the motor in! I did a little sanding, bondo, sanding and primer on the roof today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. smarg

smarg

Didn't even have to un-bolt the hood Ay? That means the motor is to small, but cheers the motor is in this thing is getting there!

Smarg

24. Yup didn't unbolt the hood...just had it back ALL the way, and kinda shoved it in there. Thanks

25. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Here it comes...These things look alot better with V8's in them. Nice work.

26. Thanks Man. Yours is looking awesome!

27. 21tat

21tat

Very nice! Congrats. We'll be watching.

28. Mrpunk

Mrpunk
    from San Diego

hey man,
    Looks great... Have fun with it. I went with a mild custom with mine. Lowered 4in with some little details that make it a one off... keep us updated on its progress

29. Congratulations Jon, good luck with the new project!

30. Thanks 21tat, and Ol55. MrPunk I have seen your truck and I think it is AWESOME!!! It's the one with 3 carbs right? thanks too