Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1950 Ford Shoebox Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sevenevez, Oct 27, 2010.

1. yesomr

yesomr

Thanks a bunch man....sorry for the long winded questions... ive read multiple threads on flipping the uprights, and am pretty confident i can make that happen, i was just worried that doing it might cause issues later when i put air ride in...mine just has the original flathead 6 in it, so I don't think the headers will be an issue cause I have miles of room on both sides....may be an issue later when I switch to a small block but ill cross that bridge when I get there...airride is more important to me anyways...did they have to modify your trunk floors at all for your rear setup?

2. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

no prob man. nope trunk wasnt modified. if you have the knowhow to do the flip on the uprights its basically the same thing as fatmans i believe, so if you do it right you will be fine on air. sounds like yours might go a little smoother than mine. keep us updated on your progress

3. yesomr

yesomr

I definitely keep you updated...still waiting on my carburetor rebuild kit so I can get it running, don't wanna push it through the snow to get it in the shop....soon as its running though, it'll get pulled in and uprights flipped ..if it does end up going smoother itll only be because I was able to use your thread and the hamb for reference...lol...

4. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Amen brother. This forum has helped me through so much

5. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Looking for inter wheel wells for my 50 or 49 coupe?

Scott

Sorry to mess up thread.....

6. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Sorry i been out of the loop for a minute. Still looking for the confidence and motivation to fix my Mushy Rubics Cube Muncie issue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. yesomr

yesomr

Hey, just wanted to let you know....finally got my carburetor problem fixed, got the car running and took it for its first drive around the block last night!!!

8. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

awesome! thats gotta be a great feeling i know. did you flip your uprights?

9. yesomr

yesomr

No not yet....just wanted to get her running first....now that she is, I found a couple bugs I gotta work out....raidiator has a leak and I'm leaking oil down by the oil pan....gonna figure out if I can Just fix the leak some how...recore it...or just flat out replace the radiator....the oil should be just as simple as replacing the oil pan gasket...all in all though she runs great, and neither of these problems seem too insurmountable, and hell nothing that adding a little water and oil from time to time wont cure....soon as I get that all worked out I'm gonna dig into flipping em...I'm just happy to be able to start her up and drive her

10. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

Nice work, the car looks great! I have read this thread from top to bottom, took me three night and a whole bunch of distractions!
    I too have used Hombres Ruin's beautiful car for inspiration, I had his car showcased on my computer's background for awhile.
    I also got the wheel specs from him, IMHO, chrome wheels and bullets work perfect on our cars. The only difference I made was I went with radial tires.
    Another thing that I like is the side mouldings. Very classy.
    Now I just need to finish my Model A so I have a car to drive and then I can airbag my car and get into the weeds. Do you have any pictures of the front airbag setup? That seems to be the one area that either makes or breaks the ride and driveability.
    I have the Jamco front sway bar, does anyone know if I can still use it when I bag the car?

11. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

haha, you have good taste then. Hombres shoe really helped me to pull a clean style together but still making it my own. I wish i had more pictures under the car in the front. Next time i get her in the air i will try to take some undercarriage front pics as other people have said the same thing. Thanks for checking the thread. If thats your shoebox in your avatar i like the roof color contrast

12. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Shes is waiting for me to take her for a walk around the block. She's needs excercise almost daily! Anybody wanna come over and help me fix my damn Muncie? :)

[​IMG]

13. daddio211

daddio211

I'd be right over, but last time I came down that way it was an eight hour drive.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

14. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

haha, c'mon man that's not bad at all. you will be here before midnight!

15. daddio211

daddio211

Well I AM already in Vegas but picking the wife up at the airport and I think she wants to go home. However she does love Scottsdale...

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

16. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

nice! if you are an out of towner Scottsdale nice place to post up. But they are kinda snooty over there in general or as we call it Snottsdale

17. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

18. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

19. That pic should be in a calander or something. Car looks killer.

20. PLZ.B.CTED

PLZ.B.CTED

What's not to like?

21. ph8ed4life

ph8ed4life
    from AZ

I'm liking the stance and look of your ride!! And some of these pics are simply amazing ;)

22. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

thanks guys. i appreciate it

23. 64Fairlane408

64Fairlane408
    from Katy, Tx

Beautiful Shoebox! I have loved the look of them for quite some time now. Yours is just damn FINE!

24. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Thanks man, i appreciate it :cool:

25. tenspeedr

tenspeedr

Some guys have all the luck. then there are guys like me. I swear, my luck, I could fall in a barrel of boobs and come out sucking my thumb! Look what you got and now see what I bought for $7500. Worst thing is, I've patched the trunk up but mostly I been laid up since I bought this car. I got to stay outta surgery if I'm ever going to work on her! Crap, I don't know how to attach a pic from my puter to this thread, but look up tenspeedr and you'll see my shoebox. I thought I made the attachment but I don't see it so I'm posting my reply anyway.

Attached Files:

26. eightbanger

eightbanger

Very nice! Looks great!

27. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

haha that barrel of boobs analogy had me laughing. i feel like my luck is the same way though. yours looks dayum clean though. and the chop looks like it was done the right way

28. Russell.K

Russell.K

I'm not a big fan of visors, but yours looks really good with it! Love the car!

29. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

i agree. i felt the same way, but mine grew on me. BTW nice club coupe!

30. Russell.K

Russell.K

Thanks!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!