Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My 1929 roadster is done!! Final update #8 with lots of pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

totally rad.

2. Hey Chris, I just got time to check out this new update. Your roadster looks great!! I say this every time, but damn you are fast!! It looks like you THOUGHT about what you were putting together, and it shows. That baby is old timey as f, well you get the idea-haha!
    Keep on screwin together neat stuff! Enjoy the summer driving.
    D.

3. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Chris,
    The car looks like a blast !!!! I wouldn't change a thing. It's done in my book.
    Now flog the shit out of it!!!!.

4. That grill made the car for me. I am sooooo glad I bought it (even though I had to barrow 8/9's of the payment).

See you at billetproof, intorduce yourself again, I can't remember what you look like :D When I bought that grill, thats all I was focused on!!!

5. Thanks for the great comments everyone, really makes me proud!!!

Steve, thanks a lot! Can't wait for Billetproof...what are you bringing?? New car?????

6. Thanks Deron!
    I really don't work that fast, bolting a model A together is super simple :D
    Your right, it's more than thrown together, everything was thought out like stance, headlight placement, tailight placment, windshield...otherwise cars can get confused looking. I sure as hell don't need to tell you that, though!!!

The only thing I gotta do is have the radiator shortened (new core) and fit the grill. I can't afford the 500.00ish to have a new core put in now, so that'll be later. Once thats done, then I can fit my hood.
    Thanks again, truly means a lot!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009

7. Full flogging coming up :D:D:D

I messed with the carb tonight, it was pretty decent. Then found the distributor to be a little loose. Snugged the set screw up and that seemed to take care of the miss I was having last night. Car still misses a little, but that engine always did when it was in my coupe. May try new distributor drive gear and shaft.
    See you at the banger meets ;)

8. Looks good Chris. Will you make it to Bonneville? Would look great on the salt.

9. Pete

Pete

Chris,

What a period car!, looks bitchin'!

Pete-

10. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

nicely done, chris. looks great. make me want to dig out my 'back burner,' and bring it up front...

11. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

I guess it's official, your the cool brother! :D Looks great, has Logan seen it yet? can't wait for a ride:)

12. No, Logan hasn't seen it! He'll probably hate it:D You have a seat reserved in the rumble seat

13. Yes, I will be at Bonneville in the car!
    See ya there!

14. forty1

forty1

Love the look !
    Really cool ride/ aside from the fact that's it all you 'own' vision & handy work..
    Especially like the foot starter..
    Fine ride all the way around.
    -41-

Attached Files:

15. Verne

Verne
    from Burbank

Very COOL Chris, Aaron called me last night and he brought up this roadster with me. So you got people talkin'. :)

16. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

that's a winner. nice work. glad to see it's on the road.

17. couverkid

couverkid

Yes that is the plan to take my new car. I may put 16"ers on it instead of the 15s see what it looks like.

18. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Look's perfect I'd leave it as is and enjoy the old girl! Good job breathing new life into a true relic man!

19. Very cool man, you guys are the best bar-none! Thanks for the compliments!!!

20. 16's will look way better in my opinion!! See ya' then

21. SLCHC-CHIEF

SLCHC-CHIEF
    from S.L.U.T

nice man thing is just sweet!!

22. hershambob

hershambob

chris,congrats on another cool hotrod,any chance of a red button for my jacket,bob

23. Nicely done.

24. Thats my club pin, THE INLAND EMPERORS...I'll see if I can get you one ;)

25. moter

moter

Sweeet!!! Great job!! I`m freaking jealous:D

26. Good for you, I watched your pics, a lot of work but it's great to see it's running.

27. Ice man

Ice man

Well she looks great. Gather up some parts and bolt them on and ride. I got some good news yesterday. Fellow HAMBer in Bouemont, Tx, personally went to Howells Sheet Metal to inquire about my door parts that were ordered in January. Not one would ship them to me. So hes sending them to my daughter in Ind. and she will forward them to me. Will have the original bed working soon. Keep up the good work. Ice man

Attached Files:

28. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

That is the cats nut love it change nothing!!!!!!!!

29. Jamie got PISSED that I put that first pic up. "I look awful" she said!!

I'll get a big cheesy smile pic up soon :D

30. My Brother Corey (Hotrod-40) came to visit from Seattle over the weekend. Friday night was my Moms birthday, and we had a good party. Went home and Corey was going to stay with me. We stayed in the garage until about 2AM drinking beer, and I was dead tired. I told him I was going to bed, and he said he was going to stay up a little longer. This is were I found him at 8AM the next morning :D I guess he likes the car!
    [​IMG]