Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1927 Studebaker build.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroddub, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Hi, just thought I would share some pics of my car. Nothing too spectacular, but its my first hotrod. Its channled 7 inches, has model A front end, 48' Cadillac flattie, and a 3 speed. I dont have alot of pics of it but here are a few... Progress is stopped right now because school comes first...

Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  2. Ive alway's dug those Caddie flatties, Cool to do something diffrent too body wise, and you have 3 pedals, keep on keepin on. What the heck is all that white stuff on the ground? :D

3. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

School? You can just blow that off. Great car you got there.

4. Keep going, this can be a goody.;)

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Whoa, that thing looks brutal. Digging it.

6. I like it. Unusual body and unusual engine, lots of hot rods ran Cadillac flatheads in the '40s and '50s but you don't see many today, haven't seen many old Studes hot rodded. Safe bet that you'll have one of the few '27 Studes at your local cruise in, and everybody will know it's real steel because they don't make those in fiberglass. Was this car originally a coupe that was cut off to make a roadster?

7. Thanks for all the comments guys, hope to start back on it soon.
    38fordpickup, it was a victoria from the factory, ( just a giant sport coupe with a goofy roof). The door tops are long gone, so I cut the windsheild a couple years ago. (maybe a little too much).

8. I decided to re-do the rear suspension. I boxed the back half of the frame, I will try and get the wishbones on tomarrow afternoon and get some more pics!

9. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

awesome project i dig the flat cad mill , hope you keep posting updates as you build your car

10. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

differnt and cool!

11. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

neat body, keep postin

12. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally able to do some stuff tonight. still have a little more welding, then I will finish the floor and pull everything back apart. :)

13. need to check out the "ambitious project(sad pictures)" thread about the 27 Studebaker complete rusty parts car thread

14. by the way your project looks great-cool

15. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

love the caddy mill

16. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good looking car Thanks for sharing the build .

17. daddio211

daddio211

Finally, a roadster with leg room! (see avatar)

18. Haha, thats an awesome picture! Even though its about 4 inches wider than Model A, The channel killed the room inside. It may get better when I get a seat.
    Again, thanks for the + comments.

19. rustdodger

rustdodger

twenties body caddy flathead very ON topic! ;). Cool build,keep up the good work

20. thats a cool project, good luck bob

21. jroberts

jroberts

Boy is this project a nice one. I natually love the body, but that engine is over the top. Keep us posted.

22. Cool project....that body is wild! Looking forward to more progress pics.

23. I snapped a few more pics yesterday. I started back on my 53 Cadillac. I finally got my license and my Caddy is going to be my summer car. I'm going to start back on this in a few months. The last picture is the payoff of relocating the rear end.It looks so much better now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

24. Ruiner

Ruiner

You're right about the windshield being too low, but everything else looks great so far...keep up the good work!...any plans for a grille shell yet?...

25. I was thinking of running a sectioned 32 ford with a hood top. But plans change though ,I may find someting better. As for the windsheild im stuck with it, but the dash sticks up quite a bit and makes it look smaller than it really is.

26. Back on it! Should have some pics to share tomarrow.

27. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That is a very rare body style.
    If it is a 27 Standard/Dictator Model EU 2door Victoria 4-passenger, 113" wheelbase, the serial number should be on the Left frame rail over the front axle, starting number 13460001, ending 1410000.
    If it is the 27 27 Commander Big Six Model EW 2door Custom Victoria 5-passenger, 120" wheelbase, the serial number should be on the left frame rail over the front axle OR on the left front door pillar, starting number 4000001, ending 4039800.

28. Reverborama

Reverborama
    from Minnesota

Very cool project! So many cars with the same body and engine. It's really great to see something unique (especially the Stude part!)

29. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Looks to me like you should be able to raise the windshield reasonably easily if you cut both posts and insert an extra section. You would want to reinforce the heck out of it but the bends look to be fairly straightforward.

What are you planning for the seating?