Register now to get rid of these ads!

multiple intake for a 270 hemi?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirt, Apr 28, 2007.

1. dirt

dirt

was/is there any aftermarket intakes ever made for these motors? i'd love to find one for mine.

2. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Hello..What type of intake...3x2...4x2 or 2x4??????There are intakes available..
    Duane

3. Wild Thang

Wild Thang
    BANNED

4. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Contact Matt at Gear Drive.........he can set you in an intake of your choosing.

5. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

The problem is, that this motor can't be stroked very far, the heads are small, the ports are small, everything is small (it's a baby).

A 2 or 4 BBl of about 500 cfm is on the high side of performance. The 3 duece manifold is the best design, as you can treat the one in the middle as the primary, and the two ends as the secondary. One 2 BBl is high performance on this motor, and two more is just for looks.

Dual 4's would not run unless you get some pretty small ones, or jet them so far down that they are just for looks also.

The killer look (for me) would be a nice Hilborn mechanical (the EFI looks like Frankenstein with an IV). Like the motor was taken off a 58 Bonneville car, and stuck into your Hot Rod. More than my allowance though. I think the Hilborn would run good with just one injector per side (tucked down low on the valley cover).

6. dirt

dirt

that 3x2 is exactly what i was looking for. thanks guys. now i have to start selling some stuff to get one. someone buy my grill in the for sale section!!!

7. I had a Weiand Dragstar 6x2 a few years ago, and a box full of 97's to put on it, wish I had it now.

8. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I am sure offy sells one, you might be able to find an alliance venders to get one from

9. lolife

lolife

Hot Heads sells the Offy one, I'm pretty sure. Not sure of any alliance venders who sell dodge parts.

10. LordMaximo

LordMaximo
    from Roy, UT

First off, your little pocket hemi can only do so much.
    The 270 and 276 hemis' were basically prototypes of the big boss hemis.
    Here is a trick to get some real balls into the little pig. It does cost money to build a hemi, so you might as well do a supper job on it. Those old cast blocks are strong, but not as strong as our modern day engines. So, here is the main thing to do for power, punchit out and drop in some sleeves. The new sleeves will take more then you can imagine and will help protect that balance in the old block.

The cams ran a taperd bearing set up. So the cam is the only one you will have, unless you go one step further. Which is to have the cam bosses line bored and have one ground to match. Pricey at first, but, once line bored to todays standards, you don't have to worry about finding the correct OEM tapered bearing cam.

OLD Early Hemi engines are very pricey to build. If you want a hemi for cheap, check out your local scrape yard for a Durango, I see them in the local rags for $5K or less at the yards. But there is nothing compaired to an old early hemi.

You can build/make your own intake manifold, providing you have friends who have access to a machine fabrication shop. You can build it out of almost any thing. Carbon fiber is the latest rage in the tunner rides. Plus you can have the color of chose in the lay-up process. J/K

But you really can make your intake. It only takes a little math and patience.

Good luck in the build :D

Maximo