Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Movie searching for period correct cars...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DuckusCrapus, Feb 25, 2009.

1. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Don't know if this was posted yet or not, but I thought I would pass it along anyways...

Movie being filming in Guthrie, OK starting Mar. 15th called "The Killer Inside Me". Set in 1957, they have asked that period looking cars submit photos for the background shots to fill the streets. Cars need to look original and have original or period correct wheels, tires, etc. All star cast including John Goodman, Bill Pullman, Kate Hudson, Jessica Alba, Casey Afleck etc. They are using the old Logan County jail and other county buildings also. All we have heard is that a 19 year old kid in it has a hot rod? No plot stuff yet but the title says it! Several movies have been made in Guthrie and several friends have leased their cars, most were satisfied, a few were not so happy, although no one I know had anything bad happen to their cars. The average pay is a $100.00 a day for parked cars, $150.00 for background driving, $200.00 and up for up close use! Contact information is Phil Helman @ 405-293-6391 or email pictures and info @ www.helmansmoviesuites.com

DuckusCrapus

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. Squablow

Squablow

Can I assume that Guthrie is in Oklahoma? Never heard of it before.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Sounds like a remake of "Badlands" (Martin Sheen, Sissy Spacek), the story of Charles (?) memory lapse and a murder spree in the late 50s.

4. Okievoodoo

Okievoodoo

Remake of movie with same title from about 76. Local small town sheriff becomes serial killer... Based on a book from 1952... Friend of mine working on them using his 56 coupe deville. He's had run ins with bad guys using his cars in films before... Said this one was on up and up, real car guy, asking the right questions and will put everything in writing.

5. Waldoz

Waldoz

6. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Woops....yes, sorry about that. I don't know squat about it besides what is printed above. Just passing it along to see if anyone would be interested.

DuckusCrapus

7. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

You're thinking of Charlie Starkweather.

8. 41woodie

41woodie

My pickup is all signed up and ready. I'm hiring a drama coach for myself

9. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Thats just a few miles from my house might be fun to go up there and watch it being made.

10. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

This one will probably turn out to be a big film...They have feelers out here in Austin for stockers.

11. autobilly

autobilly

Some of you guys have already alluded to the fact that often "movie types" don't respect or care about our cars, they only care about gettin' the shot they want.