Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motorcycles. Let's see some pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harkins, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spud

Spud
    from Ohio

here's mine the one with the Plymouth was my dads and the other one I hope to get on the road before winter hit's [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. JackRabbit

JackRabbit

Here's some of mine.

Attached Files:

3. cavera

cavera

Heres my Panhead,I recently sold to finance my Hot Rod:(

Attached Files:

4. this is my 1979 Shovelhead owned the last 26 years
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. GeeRam

GeeRam

The problem here would be deciding which to ride.......except that the bike would be 4th on the list.......:D :D

6. GeeRam

GeeRam

Here's my 07 Dyna FXDC.

[​IMG]

7. My parts chaser (small parts)....I won't be doing anything to it but riding it.

Maybe remove those sissy bars. :)

Attached Files:

8. Cyclone

Cyclone
    from Sonoma, CA

Heres one of mine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. sickboy713

sickboy713
    from oildale

i hear ya bro, had to call 911 to get the one in front off the bike. even with the thin strip of material she couldn't break the suction. lol

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For some strange reason when I step onto a bike I want to go fast and turn..............

996, this ones a wolf in, um........... well wolfs clothing. The motor came out of the spares for a World Superbike Team as did a fair amount of suspension and brake components. Kept it looking stock for the fun of knocking off Hyabusas off the line. Clocked a 315kmh on pit strait at Eastern Creek Raceway. I miss it, but not the servicing!
    [​IMG]

The last one I had Ducati MH900E very limited number made and only sold to selected customers with a good history with Ducati.
    Yup, you guessed it I bought it second hand. Only a 900SS motor not too fast and didn't handle so well, but tons of fun!
    [​IMG]
    This pic was lifted from the web, no 'electronic' pics of mine but its just the same!

Jap bikes have no soul, lack the engineering dominance of Ducati and above all that, the awesome sound of a Desmodromic V Twin! Anyone that has gotten off a Jap bike and onto a Duc can fell the difference in the first corner.

11. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Damn! This thread has been around so long I even got one of my project bikes done(as seen earlier). Yes.. its done. until I learn to lead better.:D
    [​IMG]

12. Mine, yawn... haven't worked on it much since staring on the '40...

[​IMG]

13. GeeRam

GeeRam

Totally agree..........you couldn't pay me to own or even ride a Jap bike.

Nice Duc's........:cool:

Here is my old Ducati Monster Corse.......unfortunately some thieving scum broke into my garage and nicked it......:mad:

[​IMG]

And before the Monster I had this ex-British Army 1940 BSA WDM20...:)
    This is a scan from a UK bike mag that featured the first day of the re-opened legendary Ace Cafe on a cold December day about 10 years ago, and the mag photograher took a photo of me pulling into the car park.

[​IMG]

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mmmmm Monster, my first store bought bike was an early 900M, fun bikes and your Corse looks like the ducks guts.

15. Wondered when we would see a piccie of the Monster....I still haven't forgiven you for buying a bigger one than mine...

See ya Tuesday!

16. Rockmonky

Rockmonky
    from Windsor Co

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Here is my little scoot,
    I'm rebuilding it for the second time right now. Tore it down to the bare frame painted every thing, sealed motor, new headlight, recoverd seat, etc...
    I hope to work late one night this week and have it all together.
    I will post some new pics with the new paint.

Its a jap bike but for under 1k invested its a fun little ride.
    The only pic I have is with my dumb ass in the way.

TIM
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Attached Files:

17. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

The only thing that sounds better than a desmo is a bevel-drive desmo!

Love to get one of the big ones, but they're just too rich for my blood...

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mmmmmm, my first Ducati was a 900 Bevel drive bike, secone was a Mike Hailwood Replica. It was is SAD condition when I got it and not much better when I sold it, at some stage someone sank a fair chunk of change into it............... then left it out side for about 8 years, WTF?:eek:

19. Choptop

Choptop

puuuuullllll-llllleeeeeease.

saying that you'll never know what its like to be competitive on in a real racing environment, either on pavement, dirt or combination. Straight line, road race, MX or flat track.

I hate it when people go off about "jap" bikes. Some of the most technologically advanced, powerful, reliable and great handling bikes come out of Japan.

Do they have a different feel than Italian, German, American (insert nationality here) bikes? Sure. All are great. All are different.

If you dont like jap bikes, thats fine, but when someone says "I'll never ride a Jap bike" it usually just comes off as trying to be "too cool for the room".

Personally, I use each one of my bikes (currently only 8 of them) for what they are best at... GSXR for racing VERY fast and feeling like you are going slow, BMW for cruising, BSA/Triumph for setting land speed records, Itailian for riding sort of fast and feeling like you are going WAY faster, American for being loud ...

sorry for the rant... and take no offense... I just get tired of hearing the anti jap-bike crap.

20. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yeah I should have never sold my 900SD, you live and learn.

LMAO... yeah right... I agree with you on the "to school for school" thing, but you can win and/or be competitive on non-japanese bikes. Ducati and Aprilia in roadracing, KTM on dirt, KTM and Aprilia in supermoto, I guess you need to rethink your rant...

21. Choptop

Choptop

see my previous post.

I've gotten on and off just about every bike made (press reviews, racing, track day instructing...). Personal preference is one thing, claiming engineering "dominanace" is another. The one thing you can tell from getting off a 996 and on a GSXR1000 is that the 996 aint as powerful, doesnt feel as planted when pushed very hard and the 996 runs out of steam in the RPM range before the GSXR. The 996 does feel more scalpel like, the torque comes on a little sooner (but evens out quickly), and it feels a little smaller.

Dominant? Not really. Run both hard for race season or two and see which one has more problems. Take the race results, the spares used list, trap times, corner speed readings... add them all up and report back.

Sound? feel? Sure, there is a little bit there. My Aprillia Mille was the sexiest bike(s) (I had two) that I had ever ridden (including the Duc's I've ridden). Like a two wheeled Ferrari. Was it a "better" bike than my japanese bikes? Nope. Not by a long shot. It was really good at feeling, and once sprung and set up for me, one of the most confidence inspiring bikes I've ever ridden, but it wasnt the best.

22. Yeah....but they all look the same, and have no soul....

23. Choptop

Choptop

who is in the WSBK lead? AMA Motorcross?

Ducati get the set up right for Crashy Stoner this year, and Rossi and Hayden had bad luck and bad bikes respectively (Hayden was told his bike was not designed for him). They pulled off a great victory this year in MotoGP. Good on them. They've got a great set up and good bike.

sure you CAN win on a different branded bike. But who "dominates"? Its the Japanese bikes.

No need to re-think the rant.

Heck, I took an AMA #1 plate on an Italian bike (extra bonus points for finding the result :D ). I love Italian bikes, I love all bikes... but claiming dominance from anything but Japanese bikes, on most all fronts in modern motorcycles is to bury your head in a plate of spaghetti.

24. Choptop

Choptop

just like all italian bikes look the same... just like all american bikes look the same...

they dont, and neither do japanese bikes...

Soul? if you mean they dont shake, rumble, have parts fall off them, or are tempermental? Sure they have no "soul".

Thats such a subjective statement... like trying to grade women.

Try and tell a chubby-chaser that Gisele Bundchen is sexy and he'll laugh in your face. If you like smooth turbine like power of an Inline 4 than the Japanese bikes are the way to go. If you like a shaking/rattling twin, then get a Duc. If you want the best bang for your buck twin, stupid fun, cheap to buy, cheap to feed (tires/parts) twin, get an SV650...

get an SV650 going at full honk out of corner and tell me there is no "soul" too it. Or for that matter, drop a gear, hammer the throttle on a GSXR going down the front straight at ThunderHill and tell me there is no soul as you see God heading into Turn 1.

Plenty of SOUL.

Usually when people talk about "soul" they are trying to describe the quirky feelings that come out of bike instead of performance.

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fuck me, you need to relax mate. Jap bikes are definitely soul less, just like jap cars. Yeah they make fast bikes but to say there engineering is in the same league is kinda week. A simile that comes to mind (And this will cause a shit fight too) is comparing a Viper to a Lambo, yeah the Viper is fast but lacks the level of engineering excellence. The wogs just put more effort in, even the finish of them is superior.
    Soul is a feel, a sense that the vehicle gives off. God botherers say humans have a soul, why cant an object have one too? American Indians believe everything has a soul in the same way christians believe humans do. Oddly enough all shamanic religions believe the all objects have a soul and some of them have been around for 40,000 years.
    But fuck it, moot point we will never agree on this. You can have your cheep nasty cookie cutter ex coke can and Zero fighter pox boxes and Ill keep something that not only performs but all so has the motorcycle equivalent of Doane Spencer's roadster.

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Read your own post.... You said you 'll bever be competive on something non-japanese... You're full of shit.... Look at the MotoGP standings Stoner is at the top... Barros and Capirossi are top ten. You are full of shit.....

No one claimed dominence, You claimed you couldn't be competitive. You are full of shit...

If you are indeed the roadracing god you say you are you should know this. I didn't claim dominance I claimed competitive. Maybe you fell and knocked your head to hard. I guess Gibernau, Capirossi, and Hoffman sucked hind tit last year... I guess Bayliss is sucking as well.... as well a Xaus and Lanzi... Ducati is very competitve... You are full of shit...

27. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

WSBK is Toseland on a Honda, but MotoGP is Stoner on a Ducati....

I guess you're still full of shit...

and gee, there are only two Japanese bikes in the top 10 of the GP250 points...

28. Choptop

Choptop

Not excited at all. I'm very relaxed. Not pissed at anyone. No "fuck me's" needed.

So what is "engineering"?

Something that looks sexy? Or something that makes a bike go fast? Something that makes rumbly noises (not the exclusive territory of Italian bikes, any V-twin makes the same noises and the Japs make some good ones).

Fit and finish? You've got to me kidding me. The finish on most Jap bikes is GREAT. The inside of the engines are like jeweled watches. Ever rebuilt one? I have plenty. The tolerances are TIGHT, the engineering that goes into making the kind of power that they do from the cc's they have is ASTOUNDING.

THAT is the result of engineering... PERFORMANCE.

otherwise it is engineering masterbation. Engineering for Engineering sake.

The single sided swing arm is a prime example. Sexy? HELL yes... BETTER? Nope. Ask any Ducati engineer which swing arm will deliver better feel, is lighter, offers more overall performance for the total package and he/she will tell you its the double sided version. What do they run on the MotoGP bike? Double sided. Whats on the new 1098? Single. Ya know why? Marketing. Has nothing to do with performance, in fact, its a hinderance to overall performance.

The single sided swing arm is one thing the Ducatista will point to as part of the "soul" of the bike. Again, quirky traits in lou of performance people like to define as "soul".

I've never understood that.

My 1942 Harley WLA has no more "soul" than my 2002 Yamaha FZ1. One shakes, has shitty brake, its shifting can best be described as agricultural... The other is fast as shit, it comfy, can rail my around in comfort all day long...

BOTH are fun as all shite to ride, each in their own way. But neither has more "soul".

29. Choptop

Choptop

typical internet discussion. Goes straight to the name calling.

I've not attacked you, or called you names, but straight to a fight you go, just because someone has a different opinion on a subject than you.

Nice work.

30. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Better look at Honda for that as well.. They do the same thing with the single sided swingarm....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.