Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motor Mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jtbloye, Mar 27, 2009.

1. jtbloye

jtbloye

I NEED HELP! :confused:

I have a 97 Ford ranger chasis i'm trying to mount a 65 240 inline 6 complete with 3spd trans. I havn't got a clue how to make motor and tranny mounts. Welding isn't an issue, but i need to know what height the motor and tranny should be mounted. We are going to mount a 50 Ford cab on this chasis so any help with the motor mounts would be great!

Thanks, Guy in need

2. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

without being there and seeing the different measurements that has to do with the frame swap....this thread is pointless...you may want to start by mounting the body....then worry about the engine/trans....the whole cart before the horse thing....

Frame swaps like this can be a real PIA.....what was wrong with the old frame?

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

I'd mount the cab first and then you'll know where the motor needs to be...

4. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

not to thread jack or anything but what would you guys build your mounts(cab,tranny,motor) out of? what thickness steel plate ect..

5. I just built some motor mounts for my car. I made a bisquit type set and used a hockey puck for the rubber. I set the oil pan about 3/4 of an inch over top of the crossmember, then made up a plate to bolt to the engine itself. I then made a second plate that I bolted to the top of the puck and into the threaded bolt hole I inserted in the frame. Then I tacked a chunk of steel to hold the two plates together so I could remove them from the engine and took them over to the bench, where I made up the bracing and connected the two plates.

I used 3/8ths plate for mine.