Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motor Mounts S10 Clip Shoebox Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by captainflight, Jan 21, 2011.

1. captainflight

captainflight

I have searching but can't find whether or not the S10 motor mounts are in the right location when clipping the frame. Would make things easier if they are usable for a SBC in my '50 Ford. Thanks for reading.

2. brewsir

brewsir

I don't know the answer but if you can clip a shoebox with a s10 clip I am sure making mounts would be easy!

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Transdap makes a kit to adapt S-10 mount locations to a SBC....Brewsir is correct, you can make your own real easy

4. the-rodster

the-rodster

Stock S10 V8 mounts won't work right out of the box.

They position the engine a full two inches further toward the front than it needs to be.

You can buy these mounts, and drill new mounting holes (this is what I did) or just make your own mounts.

Rich

5. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

yeah Well it honestly depends on where you clipped the frame and the clip .... So no one can tell you if your 1" this way or 4 inches that way. There is too many variables to answer this question. make your own mounts is my personal suggestion.

6. the-rodster

the-rodster

Not really, the axle centerline will remain the same, which puts the motor mount location on the frame, at the same distance from the firewall, regardless of how much z you incorporate into the clipping process.

Stock GM V8 motor mounts may come very close to the right location.

S10 V8 mounts WILL position the engine too far forward.

Rich

7. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

as I do agree on that for sure on axle centerline... I do know that some do varry a bit on that... yeah the s10 v8 mounts are too far forward, but the stock 4.3 mounts should work fine from some of my experience with s10 swaps.

8. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

Back when mini trcks were popular I was putting Chevy V8's in S-10's.
    All I did was get a 1/4" plate and the stock Chevy motor mounts to do the install. Get the radiator on and place the motor where you want it, slide the 1/4" plates under the motor mounts that are attached to the motor and mark your holes according to the holes on the frame from the old motor mount and the holes for the new motor mount that is attached to the new motor. Drill the holes in the 1/4" plate and bolt it all in.

It is real easy.