Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motor mount ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 67Imp.Wagon, Nov 1, 2004.

1. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

How many of you run solid mount over rubber or urethane ones in your rods.

Did you notice much difference?

The rubber on one of my mounts pulled loose and I was thinking of stripping it all out and makeing everything solid?

Pro's and cons.

2. keven_who

keven_who

Me, Mike, and Kenny all run solid mounts. But we never drive our stuff so I can't tell you about any problems! [​IMG]

keven

3. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Me and Stang talked some about this yesterday but I was strikeing out so far on a new mount so I may go solid.

4. squirrel

squirrel

are you talking about the wagon? mid 60s Chevys were notorious for breaking mounts, there was a recall involving a wire cable wrapped around the upper A arm shaft...and the newer design mounts have interlocking metal tabs to keep the engine from lifting up when the mount did break.

I had solid mounts (homebrew crude to swap in a big block when I was in high school) in my 59 pickup for years, it shook the truck so that the battery acid spattered all over the engine (battery sits on firewall above engine). I finally went to rubber mounts.

I'd put new rubber mounts in, if there's a problem with repeated breaking then consider going to solid. On another thread someone suggested solid on the drivers side, rubber on the pass side as a compromise.

5. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Sqirrel, this is on an A coup. Mounts are old. Hav'nt even cranked it yet and noticed the rubber had pulled away from the mount.

6. OldCarPilot

OldCarPilot
    from Bel Air MD

I can't remember what your mounts look like off hand, but... I wouldn't do something that is "solid", like metal on metal. I know if may sound stupid, but you can shape hockey pucks in a lot of different ways. Make great mounts for a bunch of things.

7. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

I finally located some new rubber mounts thanks to Stangzilla so it stays with the rubber ones.