Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motor City Billetproof.......When Please ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fivewindow Johnnie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. If this has been covered I apologize but cannot seem to find any dates for the Michigan Billetproof Show. The Billetproof website still list the '05 show as "upcoming". Any help will be appreciated as I am trying to schedule a trip to see the family around it and book a flight.

Thanks, Johnnie.

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

3. Thank you sir !..........JW.

4. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

That KIRK! guy sure is a big slacker.

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

<------Slacker!!

PM me your address and I'll send you a flyer.

6. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

Book a flight? Drive that badboy! I'd love to see it in person!

7. hippie6

hippie6

I hear that they have the same bands lined up this year!!!! I don't know who they were but one band was blastin' HUGE flames into the air with propane.... WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I could find out who they were I'd buy a cd or two. Can't wait!

8. ......still waiting for mine bro...........:)

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I actually live here in the Metro Detroit area and have yet to see one "flyer" or any other promo for BilletProof Detroit and it's alittle over one month away. Very sad flyers weren't available or passed out at Autorama, or perhaps they were and I, who was there for four days straight, didn't see them or get one??? It's hard to grow a show without promotion.

The only reason I, and everyone else here, actually know the date of the show is because of the HAMB.

10. KIRK!

KIRK!

We have been full-on lagging. I am personally sending flyers to those on my mailing list Monday or Tuesday.

No they were not at Autorama unfortunately. This lack of being able to keep up with the show is why I am tryng to find someone to carry on with it. I just do not have enough hours in the day to give it the attention it deserves and it's showing. This won't affect the actual event at all because that's the easy part for me because I have lots of great help.

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

If you haven't seen it, it looks like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Kind of OT but what would you guys do? I got a buddy gettin married on the same day as billetproof. He's not that good of a buddy but I don't want him to be pissed at me. I'd rather go to the show but...idunno

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Weddings are once in a lifetime events (or maybe twice:D )and VERY important to the people that are actually getting married. There will always be others shows, hopefully even another BilletProof Detroit BUT if you don't attend his wedding will you still have a friend?? Doesn't matter how "tight" you guys are, a friend is a friend, and perhaps in the future your kinda friendship will turn into best buds.

My good pal 62wagon is getting married over Memorial Day weekend. No doubt in my mind that we were going to the wedding even though Roadstar and I had previous plans to attend an out of state show. That show will be there next year and so will my friendship with Chris.

Besides we're all going to drive our hot rods there in our fancy clothes and have a ball. Might even take some old folks in their fancy clothes for rides. ;) It will certainly be a fun nite.

I'll share another quick story with you. A few years ago one of my closest girlfriends hooks up with a very close car bud of mine. One day she calls me to let me know the date of their freshly planned wedding.
    I ask "Does Bob know that's the date of the Woodward Dream Cruz?
    She states "Does that mean YOUR not coming?"
    I replied, "No sweetheart, I'll be there. I wouldn't miss your wedding for a car event but I'm not so sure Bob's friends will be there"

The next day I get another phone call from her with the revised date of the wedding.:cool:

Go to the wedding, you won't regret it. You might regret NOT attending it though. Ever think about going to both? Come to Billetproof in the morning/early afternoon and leave in time to head home and shower and change before heading to the wedding. Issue solved.:D

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looks to me like you need some promotional help. Get some to me and I might be convinced to pass them out at a couple of local shows between now and the begining of June AND I'll pass them out at the Jalopy Showdown next month.;)

Denise Sheldon
    29129 Oriole
    Livonia, MI 48154

and they look killer by the way.:D

15. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

Hey Copperbobber, Thats Funny , I Have The Same Delema . My Girlfriends Friend Is Getting Married On Billetprooftoo. Im Going To Try To Go To Both. Ill Miss The Church Part, But I Dont Even Know The Couple Anyways.

16. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

That's why I'm getting married three days later!

Billetproof Saturday, rest/pack on Sunday, fly to Vegas Monday, get married Tuseday!

Plus, how could I let the date 6/6/6 slide by without a major event???;)

17. Wow....this post went from Billetproof to forth comimg marriage announcements. :) So with that.......I look forward to getting some Billetproof mail and may I pass on my very warmest congrats to the future newlywed's!!!! :)

18. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

Man i can't wait....this year I'll have a car there....no wife anymore...but a car...