Register now to get rid of these ads!

more pictures? Info on Ford by Barris. extended quarters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SquashThatFly, May 7, 2006.

1. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

Does anybody have any pictures of this car? Id really love to see an overall view or some more shots of the rear. What ive gathered so far is that it was featured in CarCraft in the 50s, but i have no clue which issue or what year. If i can find a parts car or some quarter peices, its guarenteed my ford will have extended quarters like this one day. I freaking LOVE IT.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Looks like George hisself.

Bet Rikster will have a pic...

3. I have all the Barris books and this does not look familiar.Now I have a good excuse to look again!I'll let you know if I find it.

4. Cover car "Hop Up" magazine, January 1953. Built by Sam Barris for Michael Violante.

Pretty mild custom by Barris standards, with no chop, just dechroming, frenched lights, peaked hood and straight bar grille. Rear fenders were extended 11 inches around the continental spare and it was painted a custom mixed pink by Sam.

Mick

Attached Files:

5. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

Thank you Mick. Thats exactly what i was looking for. wanted to see how long the ass end was. can't wait to get it done now. thanks for the info

6. That was quick Mick. Guess we can call you Quick Mick:rolleyes:

Dennis

7. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Mick, you're amazing. I remembered the car, and remembered that it was on a Hop Up cover, but you've saved me from looking for it! Great job!
    Tony

8. Sure, go ahead, my wife does!