Register now to get rid of these ads!

more pics of "found" 55 gasser...anybody recognise?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 333 Half Evil, Mar 14, 2009.

1. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

I've got a few interior pics showing the recessed firewall etc. and a couple others. I'm hoping someone may recognise it as I'd like to know some history of it.

Attached Files:

2. 0ldracer

0ldracer

I'm not going to be able to help with the car, but the fiberglass front end looks to be from Hill-Zartman Enterprises in Hanover, Pennsylvania. It was most likely from the early 60's. The Hill-Zartman molds incorporated the hood shown on your car with the center crease running the entire length of the hood down to the grille opening. Originally the front ends were three seperate pieces and needed to be "glassed" together in order to make a one-piece unit. You can probably tell if that was done with yours.

[​IMG]

3. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe CSI you can carbon date the welds back to a specific year?

4. Now thats some funny shit there!!!:D

5. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

I think you are right. The front end is actually three pieces that were glassed together. There are flanges on the fender and the hood as if they could have been used as individual pieces. Thanks soo much for your input.

6. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

emailed CSI and got no reply....called them and got hung up on.....must be they are not car people!!!!