Register now to get rid of these ads!

More Junkyard pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Billy the kid, Nov 13, 2006.

1. All this talk about Hilliards made me really want to be their. I thought you guys might like to look too. I've got more pics too, i'll get them up as soon as I can.

Attached Files:

2. I remember that home made roadster well. I haven't been to that yard in about 8 years though....The old man was your typical grouchy yard owner type....

3. heres the rest.

Attached Files:

4. Squablow

Squablow

Good pics, good stuff in there. Sometimes dealing with the grouchy old yard owners is a pain, but if there weren't any old grouchy guys out there with yards that didn't crush everything, there wouldn't be much old tin left today.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

... the problem with these grouchy old yard owners is they think it is still 1950 and none of that rusty junk is worth anything. someone needs to go out there with a giant truck and a wad of cash

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

oh...thanks for posting. never can see too many junkyard pics

7. Gigantor

Gigantor

DAMN! And I thought the rust was bad here in Maine!

8. Not this guy he think the shit is all gold. He honestly can tell you where anything is, and he thinks they all still run. I don't know how many times he's told me about a car that ran when it was parked there, but that was fifty years ago. He's blind and like a hundred years old, and wont cut you a break on anything.

9. ...looks like Vintage Tin Heaven,...thanks for the great pics.

10. hatch

hatch
    from house

The first...and last time I went there, I was afraid for my life....the fuckers crazy!!!

11. WOW! Thank You for taking the time to take all of those pictures and put them on here! I really enjoyed looking at them, next best thing to being there.:D :D

12. jetmek

jetmek

Thanks For The Cool Pics...got A Yard/owner Just Like That Here. Wants An Arm And A Leg For Rusted Out Junk That Would Fall Apart If Was Moved. Not Even Much Good For Parts Theyve Been Outside So Long.... What A Waste....

13. Squablow

Squablow

That's basically how the Barry Lake junkyard was up in Cecil, Wisconsin. The old man was a real jerk and didn't want to sell anything unless he was getting some premium price-book money for it, so the cars just sat there for years and years.

Then he died and his daughter or wife (not sure which) kept the yard, but would only sell to people she knew (didn't like dealing with people, thought she was always getting ripped off). Up until she neglected to renew her salvage licence and the DNR stepped in and made her crush everything.

Now, I did my best to get as much good cars and parts out of there before they were all gone, but there was just tons and tons of good shit that got scrapped when the recycling company came in.

Moral of the story, is that when people have a need for something that's in a junkyard, they expect it to be super cheap, and when the stuff comes for sale super cheap all at once, no one seems to have any space or desire to save it.