Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mopar guys,,,big block head freeze plugs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Desoto291Hemi, Dec 15, 2009.

1. I am working on a 383 for my son and we need the freeze plugs for the cylinder heads.
    What is the Dorman number for the freeze plugs in the heads,,there are two different sizes on each head.
    It is nearly impossible to find any parts now unless you have the number to give to the guy behind the counter.
    Thanks,,I know someone here can help!

Tommy

2. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

3. squirrel

squirrel

555-018
    555-024

from the dorman catalog, of all places.

4. Yeah,,,the ones in the heads are always bad if they are very old and have been sitting for years,,these are 40 years old.
    I have a lot of old heads and plan on just buying a box of freeze plugs in both sizes to use on later projects.

Thanks for the numbers Squirrel,,I knew the Hamb could do it.

Tommy

5. squirrel

squirrel

also if you change the first 3 numbers to the brass series you can get them in brass...

6. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

Didn't know they went bad. I built a couple big blocks over the summer and never even thought to change them. I guess they're all right though; they're not leaking anyway.

7. An update guys,,the Dorman plugs work great.

Also,,if you need the oil plugs that go in the rocker shafts?
    The Dorman number is 555-011
    Thanks guys.

Tommy