Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Moore's Auto Salvage Rapid City SD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ebbsspeed, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are these guys OK to buy from, or are they crooks? A friend of mine, Gary Leffert, has a '37 Plymouth, and in November of 2018 sent them a postal money order in the amount of $425 for a couple trim pieces and a bumper. As of early August they hadn't responded to any of his calls, nor shipped any hardware. Coming home from Sturgis I stopped in at Moore's to see if I could find out what the deal was. I talked to the son who really didn't remember much about it, but said they would pull the parts off and get them shipped out. I later got a call from Russell who said the order must have gotten lost, and he seemed to be apologetic and said they would take care of the deal. Since then, crickets. I did leave them a couple phone messages to try and get updates, and as of the last week it says their answering machine is full. Russell did cash the USPS money order, so tagging them for mail fraud should be an option, but before I tell my friend to proceed with that I'd like to get feedback from any of you that might have dealt with them before.

Gary was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few months ago, and the chemo has shrunk the tumor a bit so they are continuing with that until the tumor is small enough to surgically remove it if possible. Nonetheless, pancreatic is one of those with less than ideal survival rates. That's why I'm trying to help him get the car finished up, so he can enjoy it for a while in the event of a turn for the worse.

Any of you Rapid City area residents want to stop in at Moore's and say hello on Gary's behalf feel free to do so. I hate crooks, and if these guys deserve a bad reputation I'll help spread the word.

Hnstray likes this.
  2. 5window

5window

3. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I live just out side rapid city. Been to Moores once in thirty plus years messing with hotrods.
    All i have heard is they are expensive. What ever they say for a price is what its going to be. I have heard that if a local doesnt want to pay the price someone online will.

4. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

I had good luck with a purchase from them a few years ago. They had a rather hard to find part I needed so it was not cheap.

mr57 likes this.

5. donno

donno

Been a few years back, but was satisfied with stuff I bought from them.

6. low down A

low down A

bought some 56 chrysler trim from them years ago on ebay i remember it was pricey but they had it and i needed it. i would recommended them but that's then and this is now, things can change