Register now to get rid of these ads!

moonshine runners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by booboo, Apr 19, 2011.

1. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

look at all that lead , uummm brain damage and four fights to a pint for sure.

2. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I'll probably never run it, not much or a hard drinker

but if I did I'd deffinately test for lead first.
    if it was made right all that solder would be tin

3. badlefihand

badlefihand

Bought this way back in hills of West Verginny. No engine in so I put a little 389 in.Did they run in the early 60s.

Attached Files:

4. MoparMoonshiner

MoparMoonshiner
    from Dixieland

here is my 52 plymouth

[​IMG]

5. Mine looked like one when I got it but it's a little different now.

Attached Files:

6. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Mine before I painted it...

[​IMG]

7. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Check this link to see the real story about the "Dukes" and "Hazard Ville" real place and real people !http://www.travelermovie.com/indexframes.html

8. Skidmarkz

Skidmarkz

Hi Folks,

Hope you don't mind me posting on here. I just wanted to clarify for Hot Rod Elvis & rodl, that it was our collared Work Shirts that were $65 and our T.Shirts were $35 (which included postage around Australia) :)

Our 'Moon Runner' design is now discontinued & what we have left is on special for nearly 50% off!

Anyway, just wanted to clarify (defend lol) our prices, especially when rodl made the comment

'yep pretty exe, but i guess when you live at the ass hole end of the world you get used to being screwed!! But y gotta admit it's a cool looking shirt!'

Didn't mind the cool looking shirt comment :p

Kindest Regards,

Lisa :)

9. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Too neat of a thread to die ... SO

[​IMG]

One of these license tag toppers was on the 1940 Ford standard businessman's coupe that I bought out out the hills of TN ... back in the 90's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The coupe was a ex-hauler. It had a 1957 Chevrolet V8 adapted to the original transmission and rear end. It sat just like you see it in the photos ( when I bought it ).

After a small fender bump up ... I did paint it. :D BLACK of course.

Unfortunately after 6 or 7 years, I got 1932 Ford 3 window fever and sold it :(
    But I sold to a guy who takes as good or better care of it than I did. So it is in a GOOD home. It still has the Whiskey Capitol license tag topper on the rear. He made me sell the topper with the coupe. :rolleyes:

Living in Upstate South Carolina as a young boy, I heard all the bootlegger stories and legends. My uncle ran shine. I have always been fascinated by the moonshine running side of the stories.

Most of the moonshine runners were everyday ... non descript drivers with the rear suspension beefed up. No fancy cars or engines. They changed cars often to avoid detection. Most had NO tanks ... just load them down with Mason jars and later plastic jugs.

I was a young boy when they were filming " Thunder Road " the movie. My Father was a travelling salesman and was working the Asheville NC area at that time. I begged my Dad to take me with him and we watched them film some of the scenes in and around Asheville. Movie Security was not a prevalent has it must be now.

[​IMG]

10. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

shame to take what's unique about it and make it like every other
    rod in the world.

11. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Squeak Bells 40' Coupe is bitchin; page 5, check it out.
    Keep this thread going!!!!
    Anybody?

12. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

Not painted yet, but the goal is to be a runner look alike...:cool:

Attached Files:

13. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

Here's another one .....:D

Attached Files:

14. teddyp

teddyp

Was not a moon shine car but my buddy bob dad ran cigarette,s up from the south and he built a 58 ford in 1962 4 dr with the back doors gutted to fit cartons in them the back seat with the wire frame with cardboard then covered with vinyl(he took a dog with him and always hoped the dog wouldn,t jump on the back seat it had a 390 in it and air shocks it was a green that was always dirty blackwalls he always had his fishing gear with him and made the run one a month wish i had a picture of it. I forgot how many cantons he could fit in it

15. Gman0046

Gman0046

Even the current liquor stores are getting into the Moonshine thing. Most sell a bunch of different flavored shine thats sold in Mason jars. For the purists you can still buy the real thing if you know where to look.

16. I no doubt have already posted on this thread but if you want a look at a real shine runner here is one that I own, it came out of tennesee. It is a little rouhg as she sets but real shine runners were no frills, able to carry the load and fast. that was it.

Attached Files:

17. 3340

Heres Mine It Ran Shine In Southern Ohio And Kentucky

18. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

SPEEDWAY still sells that adapter. I aways wanted to build a 39-40 ford with a cadillac engine in it and jet the carbs to run on E-85 (85 percent eathanol) since its cheap and easy to find here up north.