Register now to get rid of these ads!

mooneyes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by IronCrossCartel, Jun 30, 2004.

1. IronCrossCartel

IronCrossCartel

has anyone else noticed the rise in mooneyes prices in the last year? strating to get ridiculus.

2. olskool37

olskool37

I think "hot rod" parts prices, in general, are on a rise. Partialy, IMO, due to the whole HotRod/Custom craze. With shows like.. American Hotrod, Monster Garage, Rides, and Overhaulin', the public is much more aware of the custom aftermarket. I dont think its just the aftermarket either, swap meets are starting to get a lil more salty as well. Shit, you used to be able to pick up " Ford-A" parts pretty reasonably, but lately vendors want top dollar for something like a "NOS" rusty p.o.s. grille shell?! Oh well I guess it all comes down to supply and demand,... we the hotrodding public demand it, them money grubbing bastards will supply us, very happily I might add....ramble done

3. You can find most of their stuff at local swaps cheaper, only their moon tank and spun discs are worth getting from them, all the fancy finned stuff is avaible elsewhere, try the other hot rod supplies, night prowlers and such. Moon doesn't have the best customer service anyhow.

4. You have to consider ALL product is getting more expensive. The cost of steel and aluminum has doubled over the last year. Couple that with increasing costs to keep quality help around, the consumer is going to pay for it all. There is no free lunch.

IF you care to read why steel pricing has gone up, check this out. CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT STEEL PRICING INCREASES

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Chinese have been buying scrap like mad. The Japanese did the same thing before WWII...

6. What gets me about all of this - escpically steel - we have had 50% raw material increase, customer won't pay a "surcharge" and that means no rasies to accomodate the rise in consumer goods. But no inflation yet so the Fed needs to raise interest rates.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

The problem is that ost people want to buy cheap parts rather than quality parts so a ll the work goes overseas but yet everyone wants to make $20/hr. Not saying that the most expensive parts are the best parts but there is a lot to be said for the old "get what you pay for". When you buy a product look into where it was made and most importantly where they are based or who owns them. MOON=japan.

8. lownslow

lownslow

moon = gay ass bolt on look i 'm a custom/ or hot rod now crap.......i.e iron cross mirrors , hubcaps that are suppose to look like chromies, dummy spots..............they suck , their quality sucks and then they make you wait forever for your shit........

9. Lenzi

Lenzi

The fed is going to raise them today I think. Not much...but over the next 12 months we might see the occasional gradual increase.

Lenzi