Register now to get rid of these ads!

monroe swap score/new hubcap pic (what u get done this wknd?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by $pomadepete$, Oct 13, 2003.

1. not that this took me more then 15 minutes to do, but i think it looks allright. Got these cool (i think 64 galaxie) caps at the swap this wknd, not exactly a "score" @ $40 but, i couldnt not find anything better.... i then put the chrome bullets in the center over the ford crests. (in this pic the front has one cut coil now, since the last pic)

didnt do shit to the bike or car otherwise, it was actually sunny so i just cruized with the top down and the dog. took some cool pix of drunk bums i'll post on my site when i get some time....

post a pic of anything no matter how small or dumb you guys did, if you feel like it.

Attached Files:

2. pic of mah dawg (couldnt resist, i'm so gay, shes my baby)

Attached Files:

3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I went to Monroe too

'picked up a frame for my next project..

[​IMG]

Paul

4. I live in Monroe ....But on the other side of the country [​IMG]

5. Fri.
    Work, Rev. Horton Heat/S.C.O.T.S/Throw Rag, drank many Miller Lites

Sat.
    Went to Tampa Nats.
    Found 2 SS snap-on racing disks that match the 3 I have at home $10.
    Ordered glass from Vintage Glass(GA).$350 for all except back glass. Anybody have any horror stories/good things to say about them?

Sun.
    Dug the 46's frame out of the garage*, re-mounted the rear. made arrangements for some large stuff (SBC, some cabinets) to go away, sold some school lockers for a profit and threw out bunch of useless stuff that was in said lockers.

plan for Mon./Tues nights,
    load truck with extra 60gal compressor tank and other crap, deliver them. Mount steering box, see if I'll need a new pittman arm, EZ out broken exhaust manifold stud on SBC that is leaving, and remount rams horn on Mocket** that's going in Ford. Deliver SBC, traded some suff for a port and relieve job on TX Flathead for super secret next project.

I've made a commitment to have a running, driving car buy summer (thats late March here). Need to stay focused, doing something every night.

* I have a one car garage, and it was raining, had to set up EZup in front yard, put stuff in the way under it in order to make enough room to roll frame from under precariously perched body on homebrew 8ft wide saw horses. 3 hours to get it out, 2 hours to get it all back in. Weekend warrior pains aplenty today.

**SBC350 with Olds Rocket air cleaner and valve covers.

6. Crestliner

Crestliner

Pete
    I think you caps are 55-56 ford. They look good no matter.

7. k-member

k-member

Peter your caps look pretty good. I did'nt by much just a 51 p/u grill for 20 bucks. Old Beet bought 5 saturn Olds caps for the sreamin deal of 120 for the merc. I could have sold those bastards for twice that 10 times over..

8. 66FROMHELL

66FROMHELL

i got some 59 caddy taillights, and some blue dots. oh yea, i scored a 32 roadster for $100.00

9. keithk, gotta love it when that happens... i think i could have sold kaja's impala taillights for twice what she paid for em in 10 min too, or sold each on egay for $20 and made 6 times the money on 'em. guess they'll look better on her car though.

umm... lets see, what can you buy FOR a 32 roadster for $100? maybe the fuel cap? valve stem caps? [​IMG]